28

"Did you remember your bottle?" Mingi calls out.

"Your mom is a bottle!" San shrieks in return. "That doesn't even make sense, just pack your water bottle!" Wooyoung argues back.

Hongjoong ignores the commotion, feeling nervous yet excited. Today is the day of Seonghwa's concert, something he's been looking forward to for years now. The day has finally arrived, and he gets the chance to see his boyfriend perform live with his best friends.

He couldn't have asked for a better experience.

The four boys run around Hongjoong's house, looking for last second supplies. Hongjoong sits comfortably with his red fluffy sweater and black jeans, something he usually wears. He stares at the red sweater happily. This simple article of clothing means so much more to him ever since Seonghwa appeared.

"We can't miss the bus, hurry up!" Hongjoong shouts to his friends while glancing at the clock. "Uh yes we can, just call Jongho to pick you up or something." San states as a matter of fact.

"That's not how it works, the poor guy is probably really busy thanks to Seonghwa." Hongjoong recalls the amount of hardships the manager has had to go through because of the singer.

"Doesn't matter, we're all ready anyway." Mingi plops onto a chair beside Hongjoong, Wooyoung also joining them. Only San is seen sprinting up and down the stairs.

"What are you looking for?" Wooyoung groans. "My sunglasses! What if it gets really sunny?" He complains.

The three boys sitting down exhale extremely loudly. "First of all, the concert starts after the sun will set. Secondly, the venue is indoors. And lastly, you're wearing the sunglasses already." Mingi tiredly says. They haven't even left the house and they're already exhausted.

San stops in his tracks and lifts his hand. His fingers glide along the edges of his sunglasses before his face lights up. "Oh yeah! I decided to wear them already so I wouldn't lose them." He sheepishly smiles to the rest.

"Let's go then!" Hongjoong finally stands up again, stretching out his small legs. All tiredness from moments ago disappears as he thinks about Seonghwa again.

He feels euphoric that he managed to get four free tickets to his favourite singer's concert as well as a boyfriend in the last few weeks.

He tries to hide his giant smile by turning away from the others, already stepping out the door.

The four boys eventually arrive at the bus stop, just in time for the bus. They sit in pairs, Hongjoong automatically taking a seat beside Mingi.

"Did you learn all the fanchants?" Hongjoong asks Mingi. He just lets out a deep laugh. "Was this homework or something? But yes, I did learn them so don't worry." Mingi smiles at how excited his friend is.

They both spend the whole ride revising the fanchants and guessing what songs will be performed. The bus pulls up to the concert at last and Hongjoong feels as if his heart is in his mouth. It feels like the day isn't even real.

He steps out with his group of friends and sees the line in front of the Stadium, hyper fangirls making plenty of noise. He feels a bit more on edge when some girls shoot him an uncomfortable glance. He whips his head around to look for some more male fans but his heart slightly sinks when he can't see any in the area he's in.

"We're here!"

Hongjoong snaps out of his trance when he hears the loud shouting coming from Wooyoung. "Seonghwa, here we come!" San also follows suit. Some more girls turn and share their apparent disgust at the group of men standing awkwardly at the bus stop right beside the stadium.