Chapter FORTY

Scar's P.O.V

"Hello Grandson. I see you brought a few friends with you." Mordecai was standing on a table in the middle of the crowd. He jumped off the table and the vampires seperated making a path. This allowed us to see Mordecai clearly.

"Grandfather please stop this and just let me go free!" Carter pleaded.

"That wasn't apart of our agreement. You either come with me or I kill them all." Mordecai said. I looked around just to see what the vampires were doing. They were all standing there perfectly still, watching their master speak. "Can your friends even put up a fight?"

"We're ready when you are." I gave him the nastiest look I could give. I placed my foot in ready position. The others followed my actions except my father. He just stood there with a straight face.

"Oh Hello Roy. Do you even know what your father is?" Mordecai's gazed at my dad and then me. I stared dumbfounded. "I take that as a no. You see Roy, your father is..."

"Mordecai don't." My father cut Roy off.

"Why brother? Are you scared she won't be able to look at you the same?" My dad didn't answer Mordecai. Wait BROTHER! "Scarlett your father hasn't told you everything. He is a Santanae sunt lusus. Like me."

"What are you talking about? He's nothing like you." I protested.

"Well obviously. If he was like me he would be with me instead of against me. You're father was created to be the fifth of us but he was a sad attempt. Your father was good, where as we were all dark. Satan, he prefers us to call him father, disowned Roy. But my brothers and I  never gave up on him. We wanted him to be our family." Mordecai explained.

"So are you guys blood or not?" Jessy sighed.

"Watch your tone child." Mordecai shot Jessy a look of dismay. Jessy rolled his eyes. "Technically we aren't blood, but it feels like we are. Right brother?" He looked at my father again.

"That's true. But what you're doing is ill manner. Let the kids go." Dad stepped a bit forward.

"NO!" Mordecai was angry. " I want my grandson right now. I did not bore children to have no family. If you won't give him to me, I will take him. ATTACK!" With that single word the vampire army charged at us.

My friends were already in the crowd consistently killing. My father took out at least 25 vampires within five seconds. I was appauled. I ran into the crowd to get my hands dirty. My ripper side came out and I used it to my advantage. I ran out of stakes and began to tear my way through the enemy. I seen to figures come out from the stair case. It was Kyle and Ash. Kyle was carrying a body, I realized that it was Lexi's. A vampire interrupted my train of thought by jumping at me, I took his heart and threw it on the floor. I ran to Kyle, who was holding Lexi.

"What the hell happened is she okay?" I asked. Ash sudddenly hugged me and started sobbing. I looked at Lexi again. I didn't hear a heart beat like I usually would. My heart dumped. "No. She's not... How?" Tears started to form and then overflow. I was crying uncontrollably. Kyle had a singular tear in my eye. Ash pulled away from the hug and the first thing I did was fall to my knees. I hysterically embraced Lexi's body. My tears stopped flowing. Anger hit me. I was so angry. "Demetre did this?"

Ash nodded. She was wiping away her tears. She appeared angry too. Kyle set down Lexi's body against the wall. "We better go help." Kyle said and then went into the crowd, he staked everyone he crossed. The way he was fighting displayed his rage. Ash went ran into the battle and did the same; however she was crying and fighting at the same time.

I looked over to Lexi once more and felt the urge to place a kiss on her forehead, so I did. I joined the others and took my temper out on the other vampires.

Ally's P.O.V

From where I stood, I could see Ash. For some reason she was crying and killing at the same time. What was wrong? I finished killing the last few vampires that were pester rising me, with my fire. I killed more creating a path to get to Ash. We bumped backs.

"What's wrong?" I said hastily while throwing more fire balls. She stopped crying, and began to pant.

"It's Lexi, she's dead. Demetre killed her." Ash turned around to face me. I knew exactly what I looked like, pale and shocked. I then stopped fighting. Ash covered my back, and was fighting twice as much.

A single tear came down my face. Lexi. She's dead. My friend. She's dead. She was so brave, I was not going to let her die in vain. My eyes shut and I concentrated. When I opened them my hands were out in front of me. I had control of at least half of the vampires in the room. I didn't know I could blood bend that well. Row by row I began to snap necks. With all these vampires unconscious it would be easier to burn them. Flames appeared in my hands next. Instead of using fire balls, I shoved my hand forward making somewhat of a hose that shot fire. The vamps burned and I couldn't help but smirk at my accomplishment. The old cafetria looked like a real war zone. They're were casualties everywhere, and the battle was still going on. Ashes from all the burning vampires and the staked ones were piling up.

Lilly's P.O.V

I don't know how but Ally took out a large amount of vampires on her own. I mean she was blood bending before but she reached her maximum limit at like 40 vampires. This didn't matter we still had hundreds more to defeat. A figure appeared at the stair case. It was a man. I sped over knowing exactly who it was.

"Took you long enough." I gave an angry glare.

"I'm sorry I got here as fast as I could. By the looks of it you guys are doing pretty good on your own." Ben smiled at me and looked around. His eyes widened as he stared into the middle of the room. He whispered "Dad?"

Before I knew it Ben was over to his father hugging him. I called Ben earlier and had asked him to come help. With an extra ripper in the room we were bound to dominate. I noticed a body agaisnt the wall not far from the stair case. Why was that body so random compared to the others. Within 2 seconds I was in front of it because I used my vamp speed. Realizing it was Lexi I dropped to the floor looking for a paulse, there was none. I held back the urge to cry and rejoined the fight.