Chapter THIRTY SEVEN

Scar's P.O.V

When we got to the next floor, it was completely empty. Like last time there were three wings. Which means we needed to split up to get this done faster.

"We need to split up." Jessy said taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Okay there's three wings... That means three different groups." My father started to speak. "I don't need anyone with me. I'll take the middle."

"No way. I'm coming with you." I said protesting.

"I already told you I'm not an ordinary vampire. I don't need your help, your friends do." My dad was good at proving others wrong.

"I don't care that you're not an ordinary vampire. I'm coming with you and you can't stop me." I started walking down the middle wing giving him no choice but to follow.

The others split up but I didn't see who went with who. My dad and I started to check room along the hall. Nothing was in them they were completely empty. Bit by bit we were making our way to the gigantic doors at the bottom. That's where the threes wings connected again.

Ally's P.O.V

Carter and I took the right wing. We checked all the rooms but nothing seemed to be in them. We made it to the bottom of the hall, we were about to take a left to join the middle wing, but two men were in our way. They stared at us and tilted there heads slightly. In sync. It was strange, like they were being controlled, but I wasn't doing it... So who was. I looked beyound the men and seen a female standing there. She started to move closer to us.

"Who are you?" I asked confused. Her blue eyes scanned me up and down.

"I'm Kathrine. A water bender. That can also bend blood." She had a cocky attitude that I could see right through. I almost forgot that only strong water benders could master blood bending.

"Well Kathrine unlike you I can bend all of the elements, even blood. So how about we make this easy? You move out of the way and let us by..." I threatened.

"I've been watching you. I know exactly what you're capable of. I just want to test it a little more." She put her hands up and released her control on the men. "Take out the boy." She ordered and the two guys pounced on Carter.

Katherine focused all of her attention on me. She motioned her hands as she twirled around. She shot the water straight as me. I dodged out of the way, sending my fire balls back. She wiped them out with water balls. Inch by inch we moved closer to each other. I stomped my foot, causing a piece of the ground under Katherine's right foot to pop up. She fell backwards on her butt. I grabbed the collar of her shirt and made a fire ball in my right hand. I held it up to her face. She looked exhausted.

"I knew I didn't stand a chance." She smiled.

"Why did you fight me then?" I asked confused.

"Mordecai has my son. He won't set him free unless I beat you or I die trying...." She paused. "Since I can't beat you, do me a favour and kill you." She gulped. I released her and stood. I turned to face Carter. He was standing of two bloodly bodies. He looked at me with confusion written all over his face. I turned back to Katherine. "As you wish."

I raised her body, bending her blood. I started to tighten my hands into a fist. "Thank you." She mumbled. I looked away as I snapped her neck. I dropped my hand and a tear fell from my eye.

Carter came to my side and moved my hair out of my face. He kissed me on the lips and pulled away. "You continue to amaze me." He hugged me and we ran to the gigantic doors. Jessy,Scar,Mr.McDonald, Lilly, and Caleb were there waiting for us.

"Are you guys okay?" Scar asked.

"Yeah we just hit a little bumb in the road." I said pointing behind me.

"Alright, no matter what happens behind these doors I love you all." Scar said grabbing hold of the door. She pushed it opened, and of course what we expected to be inside was there.