Chapter THIRTY NINE

Ash's P.O.V

"Its simple really. I want to see which one you care about more. Old friend? Or Boyfriend?" He chuckled and then grinned. "You're my muse, remember?"

"You want me to choose?" I asked just to be sure. He winked and right off the bat I knew he was being serious. "No. I can't. I won't." I protested with a strong tone.

"Oh but you will. Its either you chose and I only kill one... Or you don't chose and I kill both." He looked to them and then to me, and did his famous creepy smirk.

I took a deep breath and thought everything over. Lexi and I have been friends since grade 5, was I going to give her life up to save a guy I've only been dating for a few weeks? What about Kyle... The time I've been with him has been amazing. I feel normal when I'm alone with him. Not to mention the love I've developed for him.

"Anyday love. My hands are getting irritated... Maybe I should just kill them and get it over with." Demetre disrupted my little thinking session.

"How could you be so cruel? Doesn't this feel wrong to you in anyway?" I asked in distress.

"Personally I believe I was born to be this way." His eyes were on me again. "And nope. It feels so right. I have the power to torture people, so I'm going to use it. Now choose."

"I uh... I..." I struggled, I didn't know what to do.

"5... 4...3..." Demetre began to count. "2..."

"TAKE ME!" With a second to spare I came up with a conclusion. His attention seemed to shift to me. "Take me instead."

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Demetre seemed to be enjoying himself.

"I'll do whatever you want. Anything. You can even kill me." I was begging for him to take me.

"No...Stop..." Kyle managed to mutter.

"Shut up." Demetre gave a look of distaste to Kyle. "Any other day I would have said yes, but today I wanna play this game. And honey you took to long." A look of 'I told you so' crossed his face.

Demetre tightened his grip on Lexi and raised her in the air. He tossed her like a rag doll. She hit the wall and then the floor, she was rolling panting heavily. I looked back to Demetre. He still had kyle. He released Kyle's heart and grabbed his neck instead. Just like that, Demetre threw Kyle to the wall opposite of Lexi. As soon as Kyle hit the floor I was kneeling down by his side.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Now that's a bitch move." I heard Demetre say behind me. I turned around and seen him holding Lexi in a head lock.

"No. Please. No." I felt the tear streaming down my face.

"Oh no no no. This, this isnt my fault. I made it as equal as possible. I even gave you a second chance to chose. I threw her at a wall. I threw him at a wall. And guess what...you ran to him. Therefore you made your decision." Demetre shrugged.

Lexi caught my attention when she mouthed, 'You tried. I love you Ash.' 

Demetre winked. "Its just the rules of the game." With that last comment he made a move and snapped Lexi's neck.

I dropped to my knees pleading. " No. No. NO!"

"See you soon. Sweet cheeks." Demetre vanished.

I crawled over to Lexi's body. No trace of life was in her. Warm tears burned my face. As if she were just injured, I bit my wrist and shoved it to her mouth. Of course she was still. She was dead. I felt someone grab me from behind and try to pull me away. It was Kyle. I kicked and stratched trying to get out of his arms. With thousands of tears running down my face I escaped his hold. I ran back over to Lexi. The bit on my wrist healed so I bit it again. I tried to give her my blood again. She still didn't budge.

"I'm sorry.... Lexi..." I couldn't stop crying. I hugged her dead body and whispered in her ear, " I'm so sorry."

Kyle pulled me up and I didn't fight it this time. He pulled me into a tight hug and my head was pressing against his chest. I continued to cry.

"I did this." I snuffled and snuffled some more. Just when I thought the tears stopped. A tsunami came.