Chapter TWO

Close to 9 pm people started to show up. I didn't really realize how many people Lilly and I knew until now. The house was completely packed with hot bodies. Good thing we were smart enough to put away almost that was everything breakable. The party was going great, there was awesome music, drinks that mainly contained my favourite ingredient; alcohol, and of course dope, lots and lots of weed courtesy of the stoners. I've smoked a lot of weed throughout high school, to the point were people referred to me as a stoner sometimes.

"Isn't this awesome? This was such a good idea!" Lilly came out of no where while I was dancing around the party.

"Yes! You are most welcome. We should do this every weekend." I replied.

"Hey, I know this is a mood killer but I think I saw Carter. To be honest I don't think he would kiss Ash on purpose... I mean she's a complete bitch."

"Ugh. Lilly do you even hear yourself? I know Ash is bitch but how do you accidentally kiss someone?"

"Well I don't know? But something must be going on with him? Maybe he got attacked by a vampire or  something? Or worse possessed!"

"Ha ha ha. Don't be silly, Lilly!"

"Speaking of the devil." Lilly was looking past me and I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. I take a deep breath, look behind me and guess who it is... Carter, well duh.

"Um, I'm just going to go... yeah.., bye." Lilly awkwardly abandons me and joins the dancing crowd in our living room. I prep myself and face him.

"Scar can we go somewhere and talk?" I roll my eyes at his question, "Please?"

"Alright, fine. My rooms upstairs. Come on." reluctantly I lead him upstairs; up the hardwood stairs, past two doors to my bedroom but to me it felt like eternity. He just casually walks behind me and all I can feel are his eyes, watching me. We walked through the door and I see my friends Cecilia and Leon making out on my bed. Disturbing.

"Ew, get the hell out!" I shout. They scurry to get their belongings and leave the room. Carter closes the door behind them and then it's just the two of us. He just looks at me, piercing blue eyes waiting for me to say something. Then he begins, 

"I honestly came in here thinking that this would be easy but its not. When I kissed Ash I wasn't completely myself. See I was..."

" You were what? A complete dick that was making out with my old friend." I interrupted hastily.

"Honestly you need to stop! We aren't even together. Who said that I even feel like that way about?! I sure as hell didn't!" His shouting became overwhelming to me. "So stop assuming shit!" Carter added to the end out of his rant, however his behaviour caught me off guard. He has never snapped on me like this before and all I wanted to do was punch him over and over again, as I cried. Yet I rendered speechless.

"I'm so sorry... Scar?" He practically spoke under his breath, he obviously knew that what he said hurt me. My vision blurs as I fight back the tears. He tries to grab my hands but I pull away not wanting to embarrass myself any further. He was so unfamiliar to me, I didn't know what to do. 

"Get out." Was all that came from my small voice.

"Scar I..." He stutters but trying to apologize was useless.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!"I yelled and just like that he leaves my room. I can't believe this, he has never acted like that towards me or anyone. After a while and a lot of make-up I decide to join the party again. As I'm  walking down the stairs I bump into another friend, Jessy.

"Hey Slut, what's up?" Jessy says but I'm not in the mood for our usual fake hate banter. Jessy was becoming a close friend real fast. We'd usually play fight and smack talk each other, but other than that we had a way of being sweet and sincere towards one another.

"Hey Jessy" I fake a smile, and he sees right through me.

"You okay? You look like you've been crying?" He asks,

"I'm fine, I just..." I'm interrupted by a scream so loud that everyone is rushing outside, including me and Jessy. When I finally get outside I see  Lilly standing over someone's body. I run to her and notice she's completely pale and in shock. I look down at the body on the floor, I instantly feel sick and shaky all over. It's my friend Amy. She's completely pale and so still. She has two holes in her neck, it was the strangest thing. As if it were a vampire bite but they don't exist. And in reality Amy was dead.

"Jessy call 911, hurry!" Jessy looked as pale as L.J and it seems I was the only person that wasn't in shock.

The police showed up a few minutes later and asked everyone questions. The party was over, everyone left, including Amy's corps. I went inside to see how Lilly was doing but she didnt' look so good.

"How you holding up?" I asked

"I'm fine I'm just going to go sleep. You okay?"

"Yea. I'll talk to you in the morning. Night babes." I went up to my room, changed into a white T-shirt that belonged to Carter, blue shorts and lay in my bed. I must have stayed up for about twenty minutes thinking about all of the events of tonight; having fun at the party, then the argument with Carter, then talking to Jessy, and of course one of my oldest friends death. I feel so sad I need this day to be over. I close my eyes and surrender to the darkness not ever wanting to wake.