Taste (Loki)

A/N: I know I said that I would write spice but I thought of a different story which I think would be better. enjoy :) I don't own Grow as we go, or the lyrics to girls/girls/boys all the copywrite and stuff goes to Ben Platt, Brendon Urie and all that jazz. Play it when I write to btw.

"Girls love girls and boys, girls love girls and boys. And never did I think that I, would be caught in the way you got me. But girls love girls and boys, and love is not a choice!" I sing at the top of my lungs as the music plays from my speakers.

Normally, when I'm doing the dishes or any chores around the flat, I tend to listen to music. Today it was music that fed my deep, trying to be emo, soul. I'm obviously not very emo, but I do enjoy more thoughtful songs, not the usual sexualised songs we get today.

"Y/n what in the hell is that rubbish?!" I hear Loki yell through the noise. I turn down the music and face him giggling at his distraught face.

"It's Panic at the Disco." I say defensively, his face goes from anger to confusion. I sigh, "they're a music group I very much like."

"You have no taste if you think that is good music." He says and I gasp in half offendedly.

"Your 'good music' and my great music is two different things. We're from two different worlds... literally. Come here," I hold out my hand, which he takes, and I change the song to something he could relate to.

(Play song now)

I put his right hand on my waist, rest my left on his shoulder and I keep our other hands clasped together.

We begin to sway along and listen to the lyrics. I hum along to the melody, from time to time singing too. But I still let Loki listen to the original song.

You say there's so much you don't know
You need to go and find yourself
You say you'd rather be alone
'Cause you think you won't find it tied to someone else

Loki rests his chin on your head and circles his hand around your back more, so you were flushed up against him.

Ooh, who said it's true
That the growing only happens on your own?
They don't know me and you

I don't think you have to leave
If to change is what you need
You can change right next to me
When you're high, I'll take the lows
You can ebb and I can flow
And we'll take it slow
And grow as we go
Grow as we go

Loki stopped once he heard the chorus. He looked down at me and held onto my arms. He dipped down suddenly and stole a kiss from my lips. I was shocked at first and relaxed into him more. I felt a cold wetness on my cheeks and realised he was crying.

But I'd like the company through every twist and turn

Ooh, who said it's true
That the growing only happens on your own?
They don't know me and you

"Are you okay my love?" I ask as he stands straight again. I can see his glassy eye forcing back the tears he has kept in for so long.

"I don't know..." he mutters through a choke.

"Dance with me... "

When you're high, I'll take the lows
You can ebb, and I can flow
And we'll take it slow
And grow as we go

"It's okay Loki. I'm here and I love you. Just breathe." I place my head against his chest again and listen to his eradicated breathing. I get him to breathe along with me, which he tries to. We continue to dance through the song as it plays.

I don't know who we'll become
I can't promise it's not written in the stars
But I believe that when it's done
We're gonna see that it was better
That we grew up together

Tell me you don't wanna leave
'Cause if change is what you need
You can change right next to me
When you're high, I'll take the lows
You can ebb and I can flow
We'll take it slow
And grow as we go
Grow as we go
Grow as we go
Grow as we go

We don't pull away from each other, even though another song started playing. I just let him cry. His tears dampen my hair and I pull away from him to kiss away his tears.

"I love you y/n."

"I love you too Loki."A/N: GOD! this made me cry. I am literally crying while I write this note. This song at the moment for me makes me relate to loki so much. When he breaks down this is what I do when I have a sort of panic attack, I'm not really sure I should call them that but it is what I would assume a panic attack is. I'm trying so hard not to violently sob while doing this. Sorry for the emotion, but I think I needed to write this. Thank you. Share your thoughts. ❤