Chapter 8: The Invitation

*LACEY'S POV*

I cried through the whole weekend. I stayed closed in my room. I barely ate something. Since it's Monday I have to go to school. I don't want to. Plus, today is the last meeting before the ball. I don't want to go there. Like organisers we will have tickets to the ball for free, the others have to buy them. I don't want mine, so I'll give them to Matt or one of my other friends. I don't even have anyone to go there with.

*LUKE'S POV*

The class of English literature is hell. I don't have any idea what the teacher is talking about. And I have to keep my eyes on Lacey. She's totally out of this world. I don't even think she knows what's happening around her.

"Mr. Hemmings?" the teacher asks me and I don't have any idea what was the question. "I don't know, I'm not interested in this." If the sight could kill, I would be dead right now. And many times before. "Well, you better should be. You may fail the class. You better should find tutor for yourself, who will help you with your final work for this subject, because I don't think you'll be able to do it by yourself" he says and leave away from me.

*LACEY'S POV*

"Miss White?" the teacher asks me. "William Shakespeare" I answer. "Aaand that's correct" the teacher says and smile. I don't even know what was the question. I just remember he was saying something about him at the beginning of the class. "Maybe you could help Mr. Hemmings with his final work for my class" he turns back to me. I look at Luke and he's looking at me too. I don't want to help him. Why should I? I'm still scared of him. And his always changing mood and unexpected reactions and actions, unpredictable behaviour, I really don't want to. "Are you okay, Miss White?" the teacher asks me with a worrying look. "I don't know, I guess I should go visit a nurse" I finally say and pack all of my stuff and leave from the class.

I didn't want to visit a nurse. I just needed a fresh air. I'm sitting at the school's football stadium. No one is there, so this place is perfect for me right now. I take a look at my phone and there's like hundreds of missed calls and text messages from Ryan. I don't want to talk to him. Never ever again.

"Hey, what's wrong" Lola runs to me. How did she find me? She sit down next to me. I should tell her. I take a deep breath, "I broke up with Ryan." Her eyes almost fall off from the holes. "You did what? Wait. Why? What? When?" I look at her, "Yesterday, after school, through the text message" I say. "Aaaand why?" she literally can't wait for the reason. I should tell her the reason, but I don't want to talk about it. I'm not ready. It's so much pain. "I don't want to talk about it." She shakes her head, "C'mon, it has to be something serious. You loved him. What happened?" She won't stop until I'll not tell her. Suddenly I have my eyes full of tears, and they are falling down, "he cheated on me" I finally get out from me. "He did what?"

*LUKE'S POV*

We're going to the stadium, where we usually smoking cigarettes or the weed. I'm going first, when I spot someone is there. When I recognize who it is, I turn back. "Maybe we should go somewhere else" I say to the boys. "Why?" Calum asks. "This place is taken, someone else is already there". "So? We will kick them out of there" Michael says. "No, we won't. Let's go somewhere else." I say and walk to opposite way. Michael and Calum go to stadium anyway. "Well, well, well. You're pretty little lady is there." Michael says with sarcastic tone. "She's not mine... whatever you said" I shake my head. "Looks like someone is in love" Michael says another sarcastic note. "I'm not in love. Just shut the fuck up and let's go" I say. "Then why don't want you to kick them out of there? It's our place." I sigh "it's not our place" and leave. The boys are following me.

*LACEY'S POV*

It's time for the last meeting before the school ball. I walk in with Lola by my side and the first person I spot in there is Laura. Great. I guess it's not her fault. She probably didn't even know me and Ryan were dating. Whatever, I have to get over it.

We give everyone 2 tickets. Obviously, Sandra will go there with that guy from Luke's group, since they almost ate each other on the last meeting.

After we finish the meeting, me and Lola are meeting our friends, who are waiting for us in front of the school. We're going to cinema together.

Since tomorrow my friend's birthday, I decide to give the tickets to Mindy like a birthday present. She has a boyfriend as well, and they would definitely want to go there. I pull her shirt and wait a little bit, until the other girls are not far enough from us. I give her the tickets and whisper "happy early birthday" she squeaks out and hug me. "Thank you so much" she says and we try to reach the rest of the girls.

*LUKE'S POV*

I look at the phone. It's almost 1am. I can't sleep. Again. I have to think why would Lacey give these tickets to this girl? She organizes the ball, so she should be there. Maybe she doesn't want to go, or doesn't have any one to go with. Then I get an idea.

*LACEY'S POV*

I wake up to a sound like someone is throwing rocks at my window. I stand up from the bed and step closer to the window. I can't see anyone, but there's a car on our driveway. It's not my mum's or dad's but... Wait, I know this car. Luke? Another rock. I open the window, "What's going on? Is anyone dying or what when you had to wake me up at..." I don't even know what time is it. "Whatever. Put something on and come down" he says. "What do you want?" I ask. "Just do what I told you" he obviously losing his patience. "Okay, just give me a minute" I finally say.

I put on black leggings, red shirt, black cardigan and sneakers.

*LUKE'S POV*

It takes her 5 minutes to get down. When she opens the door, I sit at the stairs in front of it. She sits down next to me. "What is so important you had to wake me up?" she asks, but she's not angry. "It was longer than a minute" I mumble. "Sorry. But you didn't answer my question" she says. "Yeah, I, uhm..." this is awkward. I stand up and go to the car. I open the door and take the tickets, but I hide them so she can't see. I sit down back next to her. "So, like, uhm..." I show her the tickets "do you want to go?" I ask. She's looking at me with her mouth open. I put my hand on her chin and lift it up, so her mouth is closed. "I already have the tickets, so..." she lies. "No, you don't. I saw you, when you gave them to that girl" I tell her. "So, you want me to go? Like, with you?" she asks the question. I nod and she smiles. "Is that a yes?" I ask and she nods, still with a smile on her face. I smile back at her. "Good" I say and stand up. "Good night" I say and go back to my car. "Good night" she replies and go back inside.