Chapter 51: Long Nights and Days

*LUKE'S POV*

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since Skylynn was born and Lacey is still in coma. We visit her every day. I'm talking to her about our little angel. How she is, what she is doing and stuff. I keep telling her that I love her so much and I hope she will open her eyes. The thing is she may or may not wake up. Nobody knows if she will, and if she will, nobody knows when.

I wake up to the sound of crying. Again. Taking a care of a baby is really hard. I mean, my mum and Lacey's mum are helping me a lot. Also Jade does and surprisingly Lola does too. But through the nights I'm here alone with her. "Hey princess" I say when I lean over the cot. "Will you tell daddy what's wrong?" I ask her but I know she won't reply. She keeps crying. "Are you hungry?" I ask and take the bottle with milk in my hand. I put it to her mouth but it seems she's not hungry. I check the diaper but it's clean. I look at her. What's wrong with her? I mean, yeah, she's baby. Babies are crying a lot. I hold her in my arms and I sit down on the bed. I'm tired of these long nights. Yes, I was looking forward to be a father, but I never counted with something like this. Well, now it's all up to me. "Do you want to sleep with daddy tonight?" I ask her and put her down on the bed. I put her on Lacey's side and the second when I do it, she becomes silent. "I guess you miss your mommy. I miss her too. But she'll come home soon" I tell her. I just wish it could be true. I just wish that someone could call me right now and tell me that she just woke up. I keep thinking about the reasons why her. She was nice to everyone. She was a good girl, then why it had to happen to her? She didn't hurt anyone. I look at Sky and she sleeps in peace. I lay down and start to slowly falling asleep.

She's sleeping for so long. I check her every five minutes if she's breathing. I can't lose her. She's my little angel, my light in those dark days. My phone starts to vibrate and my mum appears on the screen. "Yes?" I pick up the phone. "I'm here, open the door" she says and ends the call. I go and open the door. She has her hands full of packets with groceries. "You don't have to do this" I tell her. "Yeah, I know. I'm doing it because I want to help you" she says. "Yeah, I know. Thank you" I tell her. "No problem" she smiles at me. Crying. "Sky" I say and want to go for her, but mum stops me. "I'll do it" she says and go to the bedroom. I look around and then I lay down on the couch. "Here, hold her" mum holds me Sky. I take her into my arms and put her on my chest. I don't know what to do so I start to sing to her. She looks at me and her eyes are like glued at me. I guess she likes it. "Here" my mum holds me a bottle with milk. I sit down and hold Sky in one arm and take a bottle with the other one.

I wake up to the sound of doorbell. I open my eyes and I hear my mum goes to answer the door. I look at the other half of the bed and a little person is looking at me with her bright blue eyes. I smile at her and it seems like she's smiling at me too. I hear voices. I stand up from the bed and take Sky into my arms and go to see who came. I walk into the living room. I see Lacey's parents. "Here's our little princess" Lacey's mum says and reach for her. I let her to take her but if I could I wouldn't give her to anyone. I walk back into the bedroom. "Luke" I hear the voice behind me. I turn around and see Lacey's dad stands there. "Yeah?" I ask him. "I just wanted to talk to you" he says and close the door behind him. "Look, if you're going to blame me for the fact that Lacey is in coma..." I start but he cuts me off "I'm not" he says and I look at him. "I know it's not your fault. Yes, I blamed you for that, because you got her pregnant. Because she is your daughter, but I realized it's not your fault. I realized you really love my daughter" he says. "I do. I would do anything for her" I tell him and he nods. "I know you would. You prove it that time when she left to Brisbane and you brought her back. You proved me you really love her" he says and goes back to living room.

"Hi princess" I say when I walk into the hospital room. I sit down on the chair next to the bed. I hold her hand into mine like I always do. "I hope you're good. I hope you will wake up soon. We miss you so much. I don't how much longer I can wake up right next to the empty half of the bed. Your half. Anyway, I talked to your dad today, well he talked to me, and I think he finally understands we love each other and I guess he decided to respect us, so you have another reason to wake up" I tell her and smile, but also the tears are streaming down my face. "Sky is with your parents and my mum now, so I didn't bring her today. I hope you're not mad. It's just me today" I say. I'm talking to her for about 2 hours. "I have to go now love, but I'll come back tomorrow. I love you so much. You have to wake up, I need you. Our daughter needs you. We need you. Please" I say and stand up. Before I close the door behind me, I look at her, just in case she wakes up. But she doesn't, so I go back home.