Chapter 9: The Dress

*LACEY'S POV*

"So, who are you going with to the ball?" Lola asks curiously. "I'm not telling you" I can't tell her I'm going there with Luke. She won't stop teasing me about it. "And who are YOU going with?" I ask her and pointing at her with my index finger. "Well, since you're not telling me, I won't tell you" she says and leave pretending to be offended.

I stand right in front of my locker when I feel hot air on my neck. I turn around a little bit scared. There's a boy with bright blue eyes standing right behind me. "You're scared. Again. I told you I'm not going to hurt you" he says. I nod, "yeah, I know, I just didn't expect you." "Well, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6. Is that okay?" he asks. I nod "okay. I just hope you're wearing suit and tie, and not this" I pull his ripped black t-shirt. "Is that a problem?" he asks.

*LUKE'S POV*

She looks little bit disappointed. "Hey, head up. Of course I'm wearing that shit. But I have a condition..." I wait a little before I continue. "Okay, what is it?" she asks. "Just black dress are allowed" after this sentence she raises her eyebrows. "Okay, fine, I think I could go with white or red. But don't you dare wear fucking pink colour or I'm not going anywhere with you" I tell her. She nods "deal."

*LACEY'S POV*

After school, me and my friends decided to go to the mall. We need to buy the dresses for the ball. And we actually can help each other. I am looking just at the black colour, because Luke told me so. I'm not giving a chance to any other colour.

"Hey Lace, why don't you try these?" Lola shouts at me with baby blue dress in her hand. I shake my head "no, thanks." She comes closer to me "hey, what's going on? Since we started shopping you only looks at the black dresses. It seems like you're going there with some emo or a punk guy" she stops talking for a second "oh my God. You're going there with Luke, aren't you?" She looks quite shocked. I shrug. "Lace, you could choose anyone else, why would you go with him?" I shrug again "I can go there with anyone I want to. Yeah, and actually, he was the only one who invited me, so I didn't have many options" I turn around to look at some dresses. "Yeah, and since you already know who I'm going with," I start slowly, but she just shakes her head. "I'm not telling you" I open my mouth. "What? Why not?" I ask. "Don't be mad, but you changed a lot in the last month. Since you met him, since he walked into that shop... You're just different" she says. Is she right? Did I really change?

All girls already have their dresses. Except me. Lola refuse to talk to me since she found out about my school ball date. We walk in to the very last shop and I spot the most beautiful dress. I want them no matter what. White dress with black belt and black lace on it.

In 15 minutes, I bought this dress and they were all mine. I just hope Luke will like them. I have a big smile on my face like I'm the happiest girl in the world right now.