Chapter 4: Back in School

*LACEY'S POV*

I wake up in the morning and realize we're going back to school today. I get off the bed and start to getting ready. I put on my black skinny jeans, chocolate brown t-shirt, beige sweater, long silver necklace, brown scarf and brown leather boots. Then I do my make-up. I decided for a really natural look today, so I don't put a lot of it on my face. I curled my hair and go downstairs to eat my breakfast. I choose cereals. After 15 minutes my half-brother Matt asks "are you ready?" He's taking me to school almost every day. He's my dad's son, his mum died after he was born. Then my dad met my mum, she helped him to raise Matt and then they fell in love and now, I'm here. We have a really great relationship. I don't even remember that we would fight about something just once. I nod and stand up from the chair.

After 30 minutes we arrive in front of the school. My best friend Lola is already here. We're friends since we were 3 years old which is a really long time. We're talking about literally everything. I just didn't tell her what happened with that punk guy from school in the shop. I mean, not yet, but I definitely need to know what she thinks about it. "Hello" I tell her and hug her. "Hello darling" she greets me back. "You look great today" she says. "Thanks, you too" I tell her, but she always looks great. Today she's wearing denim skinny jeans, white t-shirt, black leather jacket, grey scarf and white Converse sneakers. "Let's go inside" she says and we're heading to the school.

*LUKE'S POV*

I get off my black Land Rover. I wasn't in school for ages. At least that's how I feel it. I meet the boys at the parking lot, and I'm glad I don't see Laura anywhere around. "Hi," I tell them, "hey" they reply. "Let's go to the hell" Calum says and we walk towards the school building.

When we stand next to Ashton's locker, we see the school's principal walking our direction. "Shit" Michael says. "Good morning boys," he says "didn't see you in here for a long time. Please, stop by at lunch in my office." He tells us and leave. "What the fuck he wants from us?" Michael starts to be angry. "I don't know," I reply to him and then I see Laura rushing through the halls. I look at my phone and the class is starting in few minutes. "I have to go, see you later" I say and try to run away from my crazy girlfriend. Okay, she's not that crazy, but she will ask me thousand questions, because I didn't talk to her for 2 days. When I can see the door of the class, I turn my head back, but I keep walking, when I bump into someone. I turn my head and my eyes meet the bright blue eyes. She bend down to pick up her stuff. I run my hand through my hair and bend down to help her. "I'm sorry, are you okay?" I ask her. "That's okay, don't worry. And yeah, I'm fine." She looks at me and smile. "Lacey..." her friend calls. Well, at least now I know her name. It's pretty, I never heard it before. I smile back and then she stands up and follow her friend inside of the class. I stand up, lean my back against the wall and run my hand through my hair. Fuck.

*LACEY'S POV*

It's lunch time. I finally can tell Lola about the night in the shop. When I tell her, she's just staring at me. "You're kidding, right?" she asks like she can't believe me. "No, I'm not. It really happened." She can't get her eyes off of me. "And you know who was that guy?" she asks. Well, I didn't tell her it was the same guy who bumped into me in the morning, but I have to tell her. "Well, you remember the boy who bumped into me in the morning?" she nods, "so, it was him." I finally say. "Luke?" she asks unbelievably. I nod. I don't even know if his name is Luke, but she probably knows.

"Lacey, Lola!" Someone is calling our names. We turn our heads and see Matt making his way to us. "What's wrong?" I ask him. "Principal is calling both of you into his office." "Why?" Lola asks. "We didn't do anything." He smiles at her, "he was saying about something like organizing the ball or what." We look at each other and smile. We always wanted to organize the school ball. We stand up and go straight to the principal office.

*LUKE'S POV*

We're sitting in the principal office like for about 15 minutes now and listening to him how he is talking about how important it is going to school regularly. "But I already have something for you. You'll be joining some school activities." We are staring at him. Is he fucking kidding us? We don't have time for this bullshit. We have to focus on the band now. "But..." Ashton tries to say something, but the principal cuts him off, "no buts Mr. Irwin, I said so." We just sit there on the chairs when someone knock at the door. "Yes?" the principal asks. His secretary walks into the room, "I'm sorry to interrupt you, but Miss White and Miss Santiago come to see you." Who the hell are these girls? I never heard about them. " Yes, thanks. Let them in, I'm expecting them." he says and look at us. We look at each other. What the fuck is going on here?

Two girls walk in the office. My jaw almost drops down. Lacey? What? "So, boys, these are Lacey White and Lola Santiago. They are organizing the school ball this year. And you will help them." he says. "No way," Michael laughs. "Mr. Clifford, you actually don't have any other choice" the principal calms him down.

*LACEY'S POV*

When we enter the principal office, the punk boys were already in there. What's going on here? Then principal says they're going to help us to organize the school ball. Yeah, I want to see them to help us. It's definitely not going to happen. I mean, they're punk and their arms are cover by tattoos, how can he expect them to help us to organize the school ball?