Chapter 31: Apology

*LACEY'S POV*

I open my eyes and I feel someone's body press against mine. I know I'm naked. The I realize what happened last night. I smile for myself and I move a little. This movement is followed by Luke waking up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up" I say. "I don't mind it" he says in his morning husky voice and pull me closer to him, if it's even possible. "What's the time?" he asks me. "I don't know. How am I supposed to know that?" I reply to him. He takes off one of his hand of me and reach for his phone. "Fuck!" he shouts. "It's almost 11am Lace. We have to go" he says and get up from the bed and starts to put his clothes on.

Even if I don't want to, I have to get up from bed and put on my clothes too. "Where the fuck are you? We have to go!" he shouts at me from downstairs. "I'm coming" I shout back at him. I hear steps coming closer and closer. "Seriously Lace, we have to go" Luke appears in door and I roll my eyes. "Hey, c'mon" he says and comes to me. Then he wraps his arm around my waist which is not that usually, but then he lifts me up and bringing me downstairs. I try to fight, but he's ignoring any of my tries to escape. When we're almost at the end of the stairs I start to laugh and he joins me. We're laughing together.

*LUKE'S POV*

I open the door and close them behind me. I walk to the car with Lacey, who I am carrying with my arm. I open the car door and sit her down on the passenger seat. I get around the car and get in it. I start the car and drive to Lacey's house.

I stop the car. The number of cars on the driveway didn't change. I get off of the car, but she's still sitting in there. I get around the car and opens the door. "I'm sorry, but you have to go in there once" I try to encourage her. She nods but doesn't make any move. I hold her my hand and I expect she will take it and get off of the car "hey, I'll be there with you, okay? You don't have to be afraid." She puts her hand in mine and get off of the car. I smile at her and she smiles back. We cross the way hand in hand and walk towards the front door. "Oh no, I forgot your bag" I say when I realize that. "Luke" she says, but I'm already running to the car. I pick up the bag from the backseat and running bag to her. "What?" I ask. "You said you'll be with me" she replies. "Hey c'mon. They don't know we're here. Yet." I smile at her and she takes my hand.

*LACEY'S POV*

We walk inside the house. "Lacey?" I hear Lola's voice. I don't answer her. I look at Luke and he just point to the living-room with his hand. When I look there, I see Lola standing there. I can see at her she wants to run to me and hug me, but I refuse to let Luke's hand. Luke takes a few steps forward which makes me follow him, because if I wouldn't it would mean I would have to let go his hand.

We walk into the living-room. My mum takes few steps forward to me but I take few steps back. If Luke wouldn't hold my hand I would turn around and run away. Again. I try to hide myself behind Luke, because he's taller than me, but it seems I act like I'm 5. I can see that all of them want to hug me, but I don't want them to. "Ermm" I can hear my dad. Everyone is looking at him now. "Lacey," he starts, I just hope he's not going to apologize because I'll puke. "Look, I know that I shouldn't do what I did. I'm sorry. You're my little girl and I don't think I'm ready to let you go. I know you're both 18 and you're able to make your own decisions and choices, and when you told me I was just shocked" I think I need to puke. Does he really think I'll believe him? "When you ran away, I knew it was all my fault. I knew I'm the only one to blame" he still continues. Can he please finish? I don't want to listen to this. "Me and mum talked to Luke's parents" wait, did he just? No way, he always said this boy, that jerk, an asshole and others. "So we actually made a decision, if you really want to be together, even if you want to marry each other, you can and we should accept it, because it's your life and not ours." He finally finishes his speech. Then he walks closer and closer to me. "I think you're missing something young lady" he says and hold me my engagement ring. I look at Luke and he's looking at me. Then he drops my bag and take the ring from my dad and I slip the ring on her finger. "That's so romantic" I hear Lola says.

*LUKE'S POV*

I'm so happy he said this. I know he still hates me, but he's respecting the choices and decisions of his daughter. I want to marry her before I'll leave to LA. I want to share my last name with her. I want people to know that she's mine, that she belongs to me. I know it's not going to be easy when I'll be away, but at least I'll know she's waiting here for me and that she's not with anyone else.