Chapter 22: Don't Say Goodbye

*LUKE'S POV*

It's time. I'm sitting on the passenger seat right next to my mum with my suitcase and guitar on the backseat. I lean my head against the cold glass of window. I'm so nervous. I've never been out of Australia. I am supposed to meet boys at the airport where we will say our goodbyes to our mums. I smile when I think about my little secret. Mum switch on the radio in the car and suddenly Blink 182's I Miss You starts play and I don't know, but I think about Lacey. This song is not related with us. Maybe it's going to sound weird, but since I spot her in that crowd on NYE's celebration I wanted this. She gives me what every single girl I was with before couldn't give me. The feeling that I'm loved. She really changed me and I know that. I realize it every single second I'm with her. I was never thinking about us like me and her. It was always just us. I won't give up on her.

It's almost time for check-in. We're talking with our mums when I feel someone pokes me. I turn my head and my eyes meet Calum's. He moves his head to front and I look out of the hall. We're both looking at red Nissan parking in the parking lot. We take few steps forward and looking at two girls getting off of the car, cross the road, enter the airport hall and run to us. We both spread our arms and then wrapped them around the girls. I kiss Lacey into her hair. She lifts her head and is smiling at me. When I'm moving my head down to make my lips meet hers, I'm interrupt by voice, "what the fuck is this?" I hear Michael yelling. "We're saying goodbyes to our girlfriends too" Calum says. "You were supposed to break up with them" he shouts at us. "But we didn't" I say and look at Calum. "We had a deal and you just, aaaarrrrgggghhh" he's definitely mad about it. "Look, you can do whatever you want. You wanted to break up with your girlfriend so you did. We didn't. Yeah, you're right, we're together as a band, but you can't tell us who we can and who we can't date" Calum argues back. "Whatever, but don't blame me or don't come to cry on my shoulder when you'll miss them or you will break up because of the long distance" Michael ends this conversation. I look at Calum and he winks at me, I nod.

*LACEY'S POV*

I'm standing in the airport hall with Luke's hand around me watching at yelling Michael. It doesn't surprise me. I knew he wanted Luke and Calum to break up with us. They took us last night on a double date and told us. I can't say I was surprised by this since I know Michael, but I was shocked a little. I mean, how would you react if your boyfriend would tell you that his best friend wants him to break up with you? I know Luke wouldn't do it, but anyway.

I kiss Luke for one last time. He's holding my hand and I know he doesn't want to let it go. I don't want him to go. I'm scared. I'm scared if he's going to leave now, he's not coming back. What if he will forget about me. What if he will meet someone better than me. What if he will realize he doesn't really love me? I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head into his chest. I feel hot tear starts to stream down my face. He rests his head on top of mine and wrap his arms around my waist and pull me to him as close as it's possible. I don't want him to go. I don't want him to leave. I know if I would say it, he would stay. But it's too late. He has to leave. He has to go. I have to let him go to live his dream. It's new chapter of his life. New chapter of my life. My life without him. I know I wouldn't be able to handle the distance, but I can't break up with him now. It's too late. I know if I would do it earlier, he would stay or he would definitely fight for get me back or he wouldn't let me to do it. I can't tell him now, because he would stay. But he has to leave. He has to go. I know I'll hurt him, I'll hurt myself. I'll hurt both of us, but this is the only possible way. He probably will be angry and try to call me and get me back anyway, but I have to be strong. I have to learn how to live without him. "Luke" I hear Calum's voice "we have to go." Luke pulls away from me and look into my eyes. "Good..." he put his finger on my lips. "Shush" he looks into my eyes as deep as possible "don't say that. I'll come back for you. I promise." He smiles and kiss me so passionately and tenderly just like he knows it. Only him. But unfortunately, it's our last kiss. He pulls away and let my hand go. He's walking towards the deeper insides of the airport and leaves me standing here crying while I'm watching him leaving away from my life. Forever.