Chapter 10: The Ball

*LACEY'S POV*

I hear the doorbell ring. I'm in the shower so, I count with that Matt will open the door. Our parents are somewhere out, and will come back just right before 6, when we will be leaving for the ball, so our mum can take a picture of us.

When I come back from the shower to my room, Lola is sitting on my bed. "Hi" she says and stand to come closer to me and pull me into a hug. I raise my eyebrows. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask without any interest. "I was thinking we could get ready for the ball together" she tells. "So, you were probably thinking wrong" I say. After what she told me yesterday, I don't know if I can do this. "Lace, look, I'm sorry. You're right, it's none of my business who are you going with. I shouldn't..." she stops talking. "So, this is an apologize?" I ask with my eyebrow raised. She nods. "Okay. So, will you tell me now who are you going with?" I wonder. "But you have to promise me you're not going to be mad" she starts carefully. "Why should I be?" I don't have any idea who could it be, so I could be mad about it. Then she points on the wall. What? Is that some kind of a game? Then it hits me. "Matt?" she nods. "Why should I be mad about it? You obviously like each other" I noticed their looks months ago.

It's almost 6. Our parents are already home. Since Matt is going there with Lola, we're waiting for Luke. I told them, they can go there if they want, but they wanted to wait with me. It's 6 already now. Luke is not here yet. I just hope he will show up any minute.

After 30 minutes my phone buzzed. Luke texts me his car is broken, so he asks Ashton, if he can take him to the ball, and he hopes he could meet me there. "Okay, let's go. We're already late" I say and stand up. "What? What about your date honey?" my mum asks. "He texted me his car is broken, so his friend is taking him, so I'll meet him there." I answer her question. "Okay, but first... "she looks around, "stand here" she points at the stairs. We stand there and wait for her to take a picture, so we can leave.

When we arrive to the school gym, Luke is waiting there. When he spots me, he's coming closer. "Hey, I'm really sorry" he says and put his hand on my lower back. "It's okay, don't worry" I mumble. "Cool" he smiles.

*LUKE'S POV*

We're walking inside. I don't feel good at this suit and tie thing, it's so uncomfortable. I show to the teacher our tickets, so she will let us in. She's looking at us with searching look, so I guess she's not really happy to see Lacey in my company. Whatever, I don't give a fuck about her thoughts. But yeah, who would like to see the girl with really good reputation right next to the boy who's known as rebel. Right, nobody. The truth is, my car didn't break. I was just scared of her father. Like, she never said anything about him, and I was scared, if I show up there, he will not let her go with me. So I lied. But I can't tell her.

After 2 hours in there I am quiet drunk. No, I am really drunk. I don't even see Lacey anymore. But I spot a familiar face in the crowd. Fuck, she cought me looking at her. She walks towards me. "Hey Lukey," she says obviously drunk as well and starts to stroke my crotch. Fuck.

*LACEY'S POV*

I guess I lost Luke. I hope he's somewhere around and didn't just leave. I need to go to the bathroom. When I want to enter, few girls are walking out of there. I walk in and there's nobody in there. Weird. Wait, I am wrong. Somebody is in there. I hear moans and "yeah, baby, suck it, suck it just like you know it." I want to run away when I recognize the voice, but I can't move. "does it feel good Lukey bear? I guess this Lacey girl can't do this to you, huh?" I also recognize this voice. "yeah, honey, suck harder, I'm so close" and then I hear a really fast breathing. I turn around and run away from here.

I'm sitting at the stairs at the back entrance of the gym. Tears are streaming down my face. I can't believe this. I can't believe that I was so naive to think that me and Luke can actually be a thing. I was so stupid. Lola was right. This was my biggest mistake. And how dumb I was when I trusted him when he said he's not going to hurt me.

"Here you are" I hear someone says. I turn my head to the direction where the voice comes from. It's Jade. Calum's girlfriend. We met when we came to the ball. Luke was meeting with his friends and I spent some time with their girlfriends. Jade is really nice girl. Not that the others wouldn't be, they're also nice. "Luke was just asking if we didn't see you. Wait, are you crying? What happened?" she asks and sit down next to me. I just shake my head. "So, he was asking about me. Really?" she nods. "Well, so can you please tell him he can fuck himself?" I tell her. "Lacey, what happened?" she asks again. When I don't respond she stand up and leaves. I text Matt if he can take me home.

*LUKE'S POV*

"Did you find her?" I ask Jade immediately when she come back. "Yeah, and she told me to tell you that you can fuck yourself" she finished. The anger in me is growing. "What the actual fuck? How dare you?" I make a step closer to her but Calum blocks my way. "Look, I just told what she asked me to tell you" I can't believe it, she wouldn't say something like this. Only if she would... No she couldn't. That's impossible, or not? I run out from the building and hope to find her somewhere. When I get out, I see her just getting in the car, "Lacey" I shout at her, but she doesn't hear me. Or she doesn't want to. When I decide to run to stop the car, they already move and they're gone. Fuck.