Chapter 29: Brisbane

*LUKE'S POV*

"Where is she?" I run into the house when Lacey's mum opens the door. Her father comes to the hall "I think I told you something last night young man." I look at him and this time I will stand against him "yeah, you did, but do you even know where's your daughter?" I ask him. "Of course, she's in her room" he says calmly. "Well, if I were you, I wouldn't be that sure" I say. "What do you mean?" he asks and he knows I know something that he doesn't. "She called me last night. She asked me to pick her up, but I refused. Then I asked her if she ran away, but she disconnected the call. I tried to call her back, but she didn't pick it up" I tell him. "Damn it" he says and run upstairs to check Lacey's room. "She's not in here!" he shouts from upstairs.

*LACEY'S POV*

I stop at the news stand and buy a newspaper. I open it on the page where people and companies are offering the jobs. I find few jobs which could be quite easy. I call to the first number. It's a small restaurant near the train station. At least I know where it is. I'm going there. I walk in "hello" I say to the lady behind the counter. "Hello, can I help you?" she asks. "Yeah, I called about the job you offer?" I more ask then say. "Okay. But you have to do first a little interview" she says and I nod. Since there's not many people I'm doing it now.

*LUKE'S POV*

Fuck, Lacey. Where are you? Where did you go? You stupid little girl. Why would you do this to me? I drive by all the places where I took her before but she's not at any of them. I'm scared she left the city. She can be basically anywhere. I should went pick her up last night. She needed me, and all I did was saying her no. I should fight last night. I should prove to her father I'm good enough for her. But I didn't. I'm so stupid. But what if she didn't run away from them? What if she ran away from me? I left her in there. I just asked her if she will marry me and she said yes. And then, when I should prove I really deserve her, I fucked it up once again. I have to find her. I need to find her. I will find her. No matter what, no matter where she is, no matter how long it will take.

*LACEY'S POV*

I got it. I got a job. And I'm starting tomorrow. I'm so excited. I need to learn where the most important things are, because I don't want to get lost. I walk into a travel agency and ask them if they have any map of the city. The young girl points at the table and I take one. I walk out of the travel agency and open the map. "Okay, let's start the new life" I whisper for myself. "Hello Brisbane" I say and smile.

*LUKE'S POV*

"Hey man" I say when I meet my friend. "Hey, what's up?" I just shrug. "I need something from you" I say and he raises his eyebrow. "Of course I don't want it for free" I add. "Okay, what do you need?" he asks. "You can find a location of person according of their phone signal, right?" he nods. "Great, I need to know, where's this girl" I say and he nods again. He takes the number which I slided to him and leaves.

In 40 minutes my phone rings. "Hey" I say. "Hey" John says. "Did you find her?" I ask. "Yeah man, according to her phone signal, she's in Brisbane" he says. "Uhmm, okay, thanks man" I say and end the call.

What the fuck is she doing in Brisbane? Why would she go there? She could go anywhere else, why would she goes to Brisbane? I think about to call her parents, but I won't, because her father would go for her. But I'll be the one who brings her back home. I have to prove him I deserve her. We will get over this. We did get over many things, so this one won't be exception. I get in the car and now I'm taking a long way to Brisbane. 11 hours. 11 hours and I'll be with her again.

*LACEY'S POV*

I lie on the bed. I'll start work tomorrow. I'll start new chapter of my life. Without anyone who I knew before. Anyone who would know me before. It's just me. I don't have a family anymore. I know that I miss them now, but it will disappear. This feeling will go away.