Chapter 34: Stranger

*LACEY'S POV*

Even after an hour I'm still sitting under the tree and thinking about me and Luke. I'm pull out of my thoughts by someone's dog who runs to me. It's a gold labrador. "Hey buddy" I say and start to stroke him. "Wallace" I hear someone shout. "Hey, I'm sorry" boy says and pet the dog too. "He always runs to strangers without any reason" he apologizes. "That's okay" I smile on the boy. "So, his name is Wallace?" I ask, because I want to avoid from the embarrassing silence. The boy nods. "Okay, and what's yours?" I ask him. "Oh, sorry. I should introduce myself. I'm Daniel. What's yours?" he smiles. "I'm Lacey" I answer. "That's a beautiful name" he makes a compliment. "Thanks, yours too" I say. He smiles and I smile back.

"So, what are you doing here? Do you live around here? I mean, I never saw you in there before..." He starts the conversation. "Well, I'm just sitting under the tree talking to a stranger with a dog. And no, I'm from here, that's a long story" I just shrug. "I have a lot of time" he tries to encourage me. "I probably shouldn't say my story to a guy who I barely know" I look at him and he smiles. "Smart girl" he says still smiling. "Okay, so shortly. My name is Daniel Liam Wilson and I'm 20 and I attend APM Collage of Business and Communication. I still live with my parents, but I plan to have my own apartment or something. You know, just to be more responsible for myself. My favourite colour is green and I love nature. Ma favourite food is pizza and my favourite movie is Charlie and the chocolate Factory. Is that weird?" he looks at me and I shake my hand a laugh. "Your turn" he says and lightly points on me with his index finger. "Okay, so my name is Lacey Cecelia White and I'm 18 and I'm still in the high school. I also live with my parents and my favourite things? The colour is pink, food is pizza as well and the movie is Titanic" I tell him. I don't mention Luke, because I don't want to. "What about if we would go on a pizza some time?" he asks. "What about now? I'm really starving" I laugh. "Okay" he nods and we stand up.

We're sitting outside of the restaurant, eating pizza and talking. Daniel is a really nice guy. "So, are you single or?" he asks. "What about you?" I ask back. "I'm single, but I ask first" he smirks. I sigh "well, I'm already engaged, but I'm not sure about it anymore" I tell him honestly. "I thought that" he says and take a bite from a slice of pizza. I raise my eyebrow. "I noticed the ring on your finger, but you didn't say just a word about him" he explains. That makes sense. "It's just complicated" I shake my head. "Yeah, you're 18. Of course it's complicated. How old is he?" he keeps asking. "18 as well" I reply. He shakes his head. "What?" I ask. "Don't you think you're both too young for this? I mean, it's none of my business, just my opinion" he says. "Yeah, we probably are. It's just, I don't know" I say and shrug. "Okay, so what if you would tell me the whole story and maybe I can help you?" he more asks then just say it. I hesitate for a while, but then I start to talk. I'm telling him everything. From the first staring on NYE's celebration through the vodka thing and the ball stuff, I even tell him about the raping and everything else. He doesn't say just a single word while I'm talking. He just sits there and listening.

When I finish, he's quiet for a minute. I guess he needs to absorb all of the information. "So, basically, you were dating a guy who raped you?" he asks and I nod. "Then you broke up with him just because he went to LA for two weeks, but then you got back together" I nod again. "What was next? Yeah, you said yes when he proposed to you not because you were sure about it, but because you didn't want to embarrass him. Now he got you an apartment because he thinks it's a great idea and then you ran away from him because he tries to be more responsible than he was before. Right?" I nod. He looks at me "you're crazy. You know it, right?" I smile. I start to like him. He's really nice. "And I'm thinking about taking a break for a while" I tell him, because he seems smart and I have to hear someone's opinion. "That's not going to help" he shakes his head. I raise my eyebrow "I have a lot of friends who took a break from the relationship and I can tell you that none of these couples returned to each other. You just have to go through it or break up" he says and shrugs. He's probably right. What if we will take a break and I will realize I don't want Luke anymore?

"I should probably go" he says. "Yeah, me too" but then I realize I don't have any idea where I am. "What's wrong?" he asks when he notice I'm still sitting on the chair. "I think I'm lost" I tell him honestly. "Okay, let's go. We will walk to ours house and then I'll take you home if you'll tell e the address. Okay?" he says with a smile and I nod. We're walking for about 40 minutes when we come to his house "here" he points at the house. It's huge. "Do you have any siblings?" I ask. "No" he shakes his head. So, they live there just three of them plus dog? "Come in" he says when he opens the door. Wallace runs somewhere away from us. "Is it you Danny?" I hear woman's voice. "Yeah, it's me mum" he replies to the voice and rolls his eyes. I have to admit he's really cute and handsome. Woman rushes into the hall. "Oh, I didn't know we have a visitor" she says with a smile on her face. "Hello, I'm Lacey" I introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Claudia, Danny's mum" she says. "Danny didn't say anything about you. At least I don't remember that he mentioned you. No, he definitely didn't, I would remember that" she says and I giggle. "Why don't you come and eat with us?" she asks. "Mum, she's just a friend. And we already ate, so I don't think she's hungry" Daniel says. "Speak for yourself Daniel Liam" she tells him. "I'm not hungry Mrs. Wilson" I say. "Oh, please darling, call me Claudia" she says and when I nod and then she leaves.

"Okay, we should go until she doesn't come back" he says and grab the car keys from the table. "And by the way, please don't call me Danny, I hate it" he says. "Okay Danny" I say and giggle. "I was serious, don't" he gives me a look. "Okay sorry" I apologize. We get in the car and I tell him the address. We're driving for about 90 minutes until he pulls the car on the driveway. I notice the black Land Rover on the driveway. I look at the stairs in front of the front doors and see Luke sitting there. I sigh. "Your fiancée?" Daniel asks and I nod. "Wow, you didn't mention he's... That he has tattoos and piercings" he says. Then the door on his side of the car opens. "Get out of the car" Luke shouts at him. "Luke stop" I yell at him. "What? Do you want to change me for him? Really? A rich kid? You're nothing less than a gold digger" he yells at me obviously drunk, but those words hit me with all their strength and I feel my eyes getting wet. This is not the person who I love. It can't be.

Then Daniel gets out of the car. "You're such an asshole. You don't deserve her. She deserves much better than you" he yells at him. "Are you talking about yourself? Well, she's not going to help herself with you" Luke says and starts to laugh. "I'm talking about anyone else except you" Daniel fights with him. "What happened? Did she swallow so much of your semen she can't speak by herself?" and that was probably the last drop, because Daniel punches Luke with all of his strength and he falls to the ground. "Do it once more and I'll report you for attacking me" Luke strains through his teeth. "Get out of here or I'll report you for molestation" Daniel says and Luke gives him a look but doesn't say a word. He just gets in the car and leaves. I get out of the car and run to Daniel. "Are you okay?" I ask him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just stay away from him. He's an asshole" he says and look into my eyes and I feel the warm inside of my body. "Do you want to come inside?" I ask and I hope he will say yes. I'm scared, what if Luke will come back? What if he's going to hurt me? He nods and we're going inside.