Chapter 27: Head or Heart

*LACEY'S POV*

He's still standing and suddenly he comes closer to me. "Lacey Cecelia White" wait what? I open my eyes wide as much as I can when he says my middle name and my last name. Then the next thing he does happens really fast. He pulls his hand out of the pocket while he was going down on one knee and asking the question I didn't want him to ask. Definitely not know, not today, not this year. "Will you marry me?"

I don't know what to do. I don't want to tell him no. I don't want to embarrass him. All people from inside are staring at us. I want to cry, my heart's beating really fast and whole this moment seems like forever. I know I have to give him an answer. But I'm not ready for this. The only problem is, that my head is telling me to run away but my heart is telling me to take everything what Luke offers me. Should I listen my head or my heart? But I have to make my decision fast.

*LUKE'S POV*

She seems pretty confused. I bet she doesn't know what to do. This moment seems like forever. Everything I want from her now is just make a decision. If the answer is yes or no. I don't care. I just want her to say anything. I need to hear something from her or I'll go crazy. Then I spot a tear running down her face which is followed by a nod. She nods. It clearly means yes. I take her hand and slip the ring on her finger. I smile and stand up. She stands up too and wrap her arms around my neck. I crash my lips on hers and wrap my arms around her waist. She lifts her feet and I spin around with her. Suddenly I hear voices and clapping. It comes from people inside of the restaurant. They all stand behind the glass and looking at us. I look at her and she is looking at me. We smile at each other and kiss once more time. But I'm not kissing her as my girlfriend, I'm kissing her as my fiancé.

When we're leaving restaurant hand in hand, I know I'm the happiest boy/man on this planet. I have the best girl in the whole world by my side. We decided to tell our parents tonight. I texted my mum Lacey's address and told her to meet me there. When I pull the car on driveway my parents are already here. "What's going on?" my mum asks. "Just wait" I say and hold Lacey's hand in mine as hard as I can, because I don't want to lose her. She walks inside first with me behind her and my parents behind me. We walk into living room. Her parents look really confused. "Who's that?" her father asks. "That's my parents" I say. "What are they doing here?" he starts to shout at me. Yeah, not at us, just at me. "I called them" I tell him as calm as I can. He raises his eyebrow. We made a deal I'll speak and she'll be quiet. "We want to tell you something" I say and look at Lacey. She's smiling, that's a good sign. "What's going on?" Matt and Lola run down from upstairs. "Do you want to join us?" I ask. They walk into the living room. "Are you pregnant?" Lacey's mum asks. She shakes her head. "Then what's going on?" my dad asks. "We're engaged" I say. "You're what? Are you kidding me? You will never ever get close to my daughter or I'll kill you. I will tear off your head off your body" her dad starts to yell at me.