Chapter 42: An Old Flame Never Dies. But Is It Really True?

*LACEY'S POV*

I'm sitting in the kitchen alone since everyone's gone. I switch on the radio and some song is playing. After the song the host of radio show announces "And now we will hear a brand new song by talented young Australian band, 5 Seconds of Summer" he says and I freeze. It's Luke's band. "So, what are you going to play for us?" I can hear Calum's voice "The song is called Everything I Didn't Say and it was written by Luke Hemmings" I roll my eyes. They start to play and I'm listening. I actually never heard them play together. Calum starts singing: Wait, don't tell me, heaven is a place on Earth. I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't show you what you're really worth. The way you held me, I wish that I had put you first. I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss, while you were slipping through my fingertips. After Calum's solo I hear all of their voices, I guess it's chorus: Taking every breath away, with all of them mistakes I made. From all the letters that I saved, this is everything I didn't say. I wish I could've made you stay, and I'm the only one to blame, I know that it's a little too late. This is everything I didn't say. Okay, this song reminds me something. After the chorus starts another solo. I hear Luke's voice: Wake me up now and tell me this is all a bad dream. All the songs that I wrote, all the wrongs that I hoped, would erase from your memory. Holding onto a broken and empty heart, flowers I should've bought, all the hours I lost, wish I could bring it back to the start. Luke's solo is following by chorus again, but I don't care. The tears are already streaming down my face. This song, which Luke wrote, is about us. It's about our relationship. Then I hear Michael's voice: I hope you know, for you I'd sacrifice. To make this right. Some day I'm sure, we'll pass each other by, until that time... and then chorus again. Now I'm down on the floor in tears. This is not happening. Please tell me it's not real. That it's just my fantasy or what. "Amazing song" I hear the host says. "Luke, tell us, was it inspired by something or someone?" he asks and I freeze. "Yeah, it was" he says. "Can you tell us more?" the host asks. "Uhmm, no" Luke says and I smile for myself. I don't know why but I'm thankful for that he didn't mentioned anything about our relationship.

*LUKE'S POV*

Singing this song just feels so wrong. I feel like I'm moving on, but I know I never will. I just love her too much. If we shouldn't be together and this is over it will take me years to move on. When I wrote that song, I realized I am really huge asshole. Probably the biggest dickhead in the whole world. I should've treated her better. She deserved it. "Amazing song" I hear the host says after our performance. "Luke, tell us, was it inspired by something or someone?" Is he kidding me? I almost started to cry. I had the whole relationship right in front of my eyes. It was like a movie. "Yeah, it was" I finally say. "Can you tell us more?" he asks me again and I want to punch him. If I would want to say more, I would tell them when he asked me for the first time. "Uhmm, no" I say. This is my personal life, it's none of anyone's business.

When I brought the song to the boys, they said it's amazing. Calum immediately took me to the kitchen "what happened?" he asked and I just shrugged. "Mate, I know you. You wouldn't write a song like this without a reason" he says. "Okay, fine, yeah. I had a reason to write it. The reason is, that I fucked up my relationship again, and there's no way how I can fix it. Okay? That's the reason" I controlled myself really hard to not to start yelling at him. "What did you do?" he asked with his eyebrow rose. I just shook my head. "No Luke, what did you do?" he asked again. "Okay fine. But keep it to yourself. I just punched that Daniel guy right in front of her on her backyard. And I didn't punch him just once. She tried to pull me away from him, but I pushed her and she fell to the ground. That's what I did. So, if you want to tell me I'm a total prick, you don't have to, because I already know that" I told him. "Wait, why did you punched him?" he asked again. I rolled my eyes, "because I was jealous. He was right next to her and he just took a wisp of her hair into his hand and I was so mad, so I ran to them and it just happened." "No mate, you can't say that it just happened" he started but I cut him off. "Yeah, I'm a prick I got it. Whatever, next week we're leaving to LA. There's nothing that I can do about it" I finished the conversation.

Wait, don't tell me, heaven is a place on Earth. - Because it's not. I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't show you what you're really worth. - I should show her what she really means for me. She was, and still is my everything. The way you held me, I wish that I had put you first. - Basically, the most of the time I cared more about other things. I should care more about her. I love her and I just pushed her away from me a lot of times. I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss, while you were slipping through my fingertips. - What more can I say? I think this part is totally clear. Taking every breath away, with all of them mistakes I made. - I think that how many mistakes I did in this relationship nobody ever did before. From all the letters that I saved, this is everything I didn't say. - Ehm, there aren't any letters. I wish I could've made you stay, and I'm the only one to blame, I know that it's a little too late. - Well, do I really have to explain this? This is everything I didn't say. - It is. Wake me up now and tell me this is all a bad dream. - Oh, how I wish this is true. All the songs that I wrote, all the wrongs that I hoped, would erase from your memory. - Exactly. I wish I could erase all the bad memories and things from her mind. Holding onto a broken and empty heart, flowers I should've bought, all the hours I lost, wish I could bring it back to the start. - Yeah, back to the start. If I had a chance everything would be different. I hope you know, for you I'd sacrifice. To make this right. Some day I'm sure, we'll pass each other by, until that time... - Well, yeah, I would sacrifice for her. I wish everything could be alright like it was before. And, actually, I'm not that sure about passing each other by...