32: Trelawney's word

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Can Mrs. Weasley come with me instead?" L/N almost whispered while looking down on the ground.

Snape rolled his eyes at the girl while Molly just chuckled at her.

"Don't worry Y/N, Professor Snape might be frightening but he doesn't miss his duty to protect his students..." Molly whispered into her ear and a sudden thought entered her mind.

"Yeah... His student..." she uttered but immediately compose herself. She glared at Snape. The git is obviously have a knack for Legilimency. She quickly erased her thoughts.

Y/N smiled gracefully at everyone especially Mrs. Weasley who's smiling at her widely.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Weasley." she smiled at her and wrapped her arms around her. Molly sighed and tap her back quietly. She already said her goodbyes to her friends before and quietly goes with her snarling Professor.

***

All L/N could do were groaning and rolling her eyes all the time she lovingly spent with her 'beloved Professor' on Diagon Alley.

"What's wrong L/N?" Snape asked quietly with his eyes not leaving the piece of parchment he's holding.

"Oh please, why bother to ask when you can barge into my mind? Just don't bother Professor. The time is ticking, we should hurry as you said earlier and get on with this. What else should we buy Mr. Dictionary?" The girl sarcastically said as she mockingly smiled at Snape.

The man on the other hand, holding back the smile that irritatingly wanted to crept on his lips. He gritted his teeth, fighting the urge to giggle at the girl. "I'm not doing it gracefully as I wanted to L/N. Get over with it."

Well, Y/N really wanted to smack Snape in the head the moment they step their foot on the Diagon Alley and now, she wanted to pluck his eyes out.

They can't stop arguing over some useless things and now, Snape is pushing them to go to the Flourish and Blotts to buy the books first.

While the girl on the other hand wanted to rest. Her foot is aching and her head is pounding from all of the blabbing from Snape as they walk around.

The caped man seems to successfully annoy her by telling her all of the information regarding all of the requirements she needed wether it's about her potions ingredients or not.

In reality, she loved listening to him. His deep velvety voice that is so addicting, yes. The girl groaned inwardly and annoyingly admitted to herself that she is really glad that it's Snape who accompany her today but she wasn't expecting him to be a know-it-all. What's wrong with him? What happened to his stern and silent demeanor?

Y/N just wanted him to relax and enjoy the company of each other but L/N already gave up on the thought that 'Snape really cares for her, as herself, not just his student'.

"L/N?!" Snape snapped at her, waking her slipping consciousness.

"W-What? Something wrong?" Snape sighed and rolled his eyes at the girl.

"I suggested minutes ago that we should stop over on the Leaky Cauldron first before buying your books." L/N face lit up and Snape can't help but to let his heart flutter at the sight.

"Oh thank you!" L/N jolt up and wrap her hands around Snape and hug him very tight. Snape body tensed, not expecting a sudden attack.

When she noticed the action she just pulled, she immediately pull away and awkwardly look on the ground. "I—I... Well let's go." Her face is getting red and she felt really stupid at the moment.