20: The Unexpected

AUTHOR'S POV:

They all watch Mr. and Mrs. Weasley with their daughter Ginny, exited Dumbledore's office.

Y/N keep on bitterly thanking herself for being totally useless to her friend, Harry who won against the basilisk.

Thankfully, she has calmed down after seeing Lockhart's pitiful state. "Thank you Y/N. Perhaps I should pay a visit to your house anytime." Lockhart winked at her and she just smiled sincerely.

"Take care Gilderoy. Don't worry... I'll be visiting you soon and I'll bring my art materials and books! I promise!" Y/N E/C eyes filled with tears once she pulls Lockhart in a warm tight embrace. While the poor man just smiled innocently with his chin above her head. "You promise Y/N!" He shouted when the healers from St. Mungos dragged him carefully out of the room.

She just nodded her head with force while smiling widely at him. Her hands waving harshly until she doesn't see his figure anymore.

Harry and Ron look at her with odd gazes. While the Dumbledore just smiled softly at her. What a nice girl. He cleared his throat and the second year students attention is averted to him.

"You three realize, of course, that in the last few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" the three gulp in sync and nodded their head.

"Yes Sir."

"And that there is sufficient evidence to expel you three?" The three look at eachother gravely and nodded their head again.

"Yes Sir."

"Therefore, it seems only fitting... That you three receive Special Awards for Services to the School. And -- let me see -- yes, I think two hundred points apiece, which, I believe, should be more than enough to secure Gryffindor the House Cup. And Y/N... One hundred points to your house too." L/N noticed Dumbledore eyes twinkled unusually in his eye glasses.

She just nodded her head and smiled abit. However, the two almost couldn't keep their feet on the ground out of happiness.

The door slammed open and Snape entered Dumbledore's office with harshness. They all snapped their head on the entrance to see who's the intruder.

Snape's black scary eyes scanned the place and it fixs with Y/N.

"Y/N!-... L/N!" Snape hesitated. He wipe his greasy hair out of his face and walk harshly towards the slytherin girl.

"What in hell do you think you've done?! Look at yourself! You're covered in slimes for christsake!" Snape knelt down and pulled Y/N near him, checking her body if she got any injuries.

"What if the monster didn't even let a pureblood like you to live huh?! You'll be dead instantly and that stupid dream of yours being the best auror in the world is gone!" Y/N flinches and look down on the ground ashamedly.

"Severus... Perhaps you should let Miss L/N take a breath first." Snape noticed the Gryffindors looking at him, including Weasley and Potter who's loss for words on what's happening.

The grip on Y/N's shoulder loosened and the girl can finally let go of the air she's been holding since Snape confronted her.