10: Diary [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/20/24]

***

"Sir, why does the 5th and 6th years coverage is on my examination?" The girl inquired cautiously. Her brow immediately arched as she put the papers down on the table.

"Shut it or leave it, Miss L/N. Just be grateful that I've given you a second chance." He snapped and glared at her direction. Y/N can't help but to notice the unhealthy dark circles under his eyes. She smirked to herself and thought, 'Too busy about the stone huh?'

She let out a sigh and scanned the questionnaire once more. She then decided to answer the easiest one first before she delves into the most complex items. What did she expect from the dungeon bat? The man is born being unfair. She wonders how Snape was when he was a child. Perhaps a total arse.

The words become more unclear as she tried to read it twice. She can't seem to focus on the second-chance-test as her mind is plagued about Hermione, Harry and Ron. Now that she thinks about it, if Snape is trying to steal the stone, then why is he still watching her take her examination?

The slytherin girl heard the potion master cleared his throat and head towards the door. "L/N, don't even think of doing something that will make me fail you. If you did so, I'll know." With a pursed lip, he exited the door.

She grumbles and let out some exasperated sigh. Y/N decided to continue answering the test with ease. The exhausted moments with those several potion books is surely worth it. She is confident she will get a perfect mark on the examination because of her prior knowledge about the said course.

***

It has been two hours already and Snape is not yet back. With one last glance on her paper, making sure her answers are all written correctly, L/N declutters her scratches. She put her quills and the parchment inside her bag neatly. The beating on her chest increased.

Did something already happen? With a heavy heart, she carefully tucked her answer sheet along the questionnaire on Snape's table. She randomly picks a book as a leverage so her examination won't be lost when her eyes linger on a particular book. It looks like an ordinary black book with no particular design. Perhaps, his diary?

She thought it is unlikely of her professor to possess a diary. Besides, what could be the content of his journal?

'Greetings, I successfully made a student's day horrible. Cheers. I am going to throw a party if I manage to take points from other houses.'

The girl can't stop herself from chuckling at the product of her imagination. She then started to browse the pages when suddenly, a hand tightly gripped her wrist.

"Merlin!" She gasped and look at Snape surprisingly. The book flung from her hand. She didn't notice that he's already here. Y/N feels herself shrinking at the presence of her professor. She observes his features and it is not his usual demeanor. His diary must have really contain a serious deal. Shame creeps on her.

"What the hell?" The grip on her wrist tightened and her lips let out a whimper. She tried to yank her hand away from the dungeon bat. The girl managed to jerk her wrist.

What further surprise her is that Snape is looking down at her like he wanted her dead. It is her first time to witness this kind of treatment from the head of slytherin house.

 "What did you do?" His voice is very low, like a growl of a lion who's hunting for its prey.

"P—Professor I—"

"What did you do?!" She jumps slightly on her current position and cringe. Her gaze averted on the ground immediately. She can feel his piercing stares looming over her.