8: The Quidditch [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/14/24 ]

***

After the ridiculous situation that happened on Halloween, Y/N couldn't take her mind off Professor Snape's wounded leg. It's not like she's disquieted about the git's situation. Just a few days ago, Harry told the girl about Fluffy. It looks like someone's getting an exercise, no?

Of course, she's worried about Hermione being almost dead by the mountain troll, but her mind is too occupied by the story of Harry seeing Snape's leg.

L/N quickly remembered what Harry told her the other day before. That Granger suggested Fluffy is guarding something. They are not sure what but it should be related to the item that Hagrid fetched from vault 713 on Gringotts.

After the trio finally convinced Y/N to watch the quidditch game, there she is, sitting on the gryffindor bench with the other gryffindor glaring at her because she's a slytherin and a friend of Malfoy.

She decided to shrug it off by reading the book, 'The Standard Book of Spells' for God knows how many times she have read. Her muscles flinched. She groaned when Hagrid suddenly shouted.

"Whoooa! What's going on with Harry's broomstick?" Y/N put down the book on the bench and joined Hermione and Ron who's looking anxiously on the field.

"This situation looks severe." The girl muttered to herself, eyes wandering towards Harry and the tough quidditch match.

Hermione grabbed the binocular from Hagrid and started roaming her eyes to look for the one responsible. "It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!" Y/N brows met each other. He won't do that. Despite his unwanted behavior with his students, the dungeon bat is not capable of such things.

"Jinxing the broom? What do we do?" L/N who grows impatient at the bickering of the gryffindors, she grabbed the binoculars from Hermione and see the scene herself. "Leave it to me." With that, Granger leaves the benches.

Y/N use the binocular and she can see Snape muttering some incantation while looking directly at Potter. Her head suddenly hurts and strangely, her eyes is seeing some weird events that she has never seen before. She shut her eyes to make the images on her vision gone. It all feels like a déjà vu for the girl.

"Dang! I can't believe this git will go this far!" She grumbled, putting her attention back on the conflict as Potter continue to dangled his one hand on the broom.

"Snape will pay for this!" She cursed as Ron nervously stares at Harry. Several seconds later, Y/N noticed that Harry is fine already. He went back to the game like nothing happened. While Snape on the other hand, glared at Potter who's now surpassing the Slytherin seeker.

Everyone cheered when Harry caught the snitch. Including of course Y/N who is hugging Hermione very tight.

"So, what did you do?" L/N asked, breaking the embrace. "Well. I put a fire on his cloak." A smirk is visible in Granger's lips. Y/N narrowed her E/C eyes on the witch and smile. "Blimey! Maybe I'll try it as well if I am given the opportunity to do so." Y/N give Hermione a high five as they now followed Potter with his team. Now, the girl felt quite bad for the professor who tormented her in the past few weeks.

It's everyone free time. Y/N rushes towards Snape's room with harshness on her footsteps. "I know that I am in no position to interfere with his wretched business with Harry but he almost killed him. I will only ask him for clarity. That's all." She gritted her teeth and smashes her knuckles on the wooden door.

"Come in." Just by hearing his deep usual voice it is already making her confused. She is not mad of her professor. Then what the hell is she feeling? Y/N entered the Potion Master's room with a glare slashing the dungeon bat in half. He is sitting on his usual chair, reading and marking the papers.