3: First Meeting [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/10/24]

*****

The students arrived on the castle. Each and everyone of them cannot conceal their amazement of the gigantic structure of the castle. As if they were bewitched, the students are left in awe when Hogwarts embraced them with warmth and magic. They can tell that the journey of their life would begin the moment their feet stepped inside the magnificent infrastructure.

"Y/N! Hey!" Malfoy yelled from afar. The girl finds him in the crowd along with the two boys she can't identify.

"Well, this is Crabbe and Goyle and she's L/N." Malfoy introduce each of them and they shared a smile, not giving any interest at all.

Malfoy grabbed her wrist and pulled her along with him inside. A red head is glaring at the blonde haired boy in which Y/N finds odd.

"What did you do to him?" She inquired carefully to her friend. L/N doesn't want to ruin their first day at Hogwarts but she can't help but ask.

"I put him in his place. Don't befriend him Y/N, low class. You must befriend the right one." He simply said in a 'matter-of-fact' attitude and shrugged.

The students' chattering suddenly vanished when a woman in her 50s entered the scene. She's wearing a dark green robe with a pointed black hat. Her stare is like daggers that can fierce through everyone's skin.

Y/N look up to her- gazing with amusement in her eyes- as she delivered her speech. "Welcome to Hogwarts." She then explained each of the houses and it doesn't matter to the girl at all. She suddenly feel the urge to just go home. Probably, Y/N is starting to realize the responsibilities she will have whilst studying in the prestigious school.

"Now, follow me." McGonagall strictly remarked as she started walking towards the room called the Great Hall.

"Y/N!" Hermione Granger rushes towards the girl and snaked her arm around L/N.

"I am so excited and nervous! We'll gonna be sorted via the sorting hat and I don't know where I will be sorted! How about you?" The bright girl gushes excitedly and Y/N just sighs.

"Well, as you know already about my family. They were all in Slytherin." Hermione just nodded, doesn't know what to say and the girl looked up to the floating candles above. Her face brightened, as if she is looking at the sky with a lot of stars. Knowing that it is only bewitched, the excitement in her eyes swiftly died.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Granger explained exquisitely as everyone stared at her in awe.

*Fast Forward*

Professor Mcgonagall started calling out names and Hermione got sorted into Gryffindor. Y/N felt awful that a potential friend she could have is gone.

She could hear the two boys in front of her, talking about how bad Slytherins are. It doesn't make her feel any better. What if it's true? Then she'll rather be at home and read in her comfort.

Draco has been called and the hat barely touch his head. Of course, he's immediately put into the Slytherin House.

"Harry Potter." Everyone gazed at him, including Y/N. She noticed the headmaster stared attentively at him too, including the other staffs.

Her gaze stopped at the man with a black hair, his hair is just above his shoulder and he has a look that so threatening and fascinating, as if it is his default face to show. Y/N could not help but to stare way too long that she noticed his very hypnotic black eyes his hooked nose, his additional thin lips, and nice cheek- The girl flinched.