4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/10/24]

***

After eating the breakfast with Draco on the Great Hall, they decided to go the courtyard to roam the place. Y/N still have twenty minutes until the first period so she really has nothing left to do.

"Y/N, it looks like we are going to do potions together!" Draco merrily said, holding their schedules together to compare it. They occupied the stone bench and discuss the formidable future, especially about their academics.

L/N see Granger who's looking at her with interest and the slytherin girl smiled at her. She run towards her direction and give her a warm embrace. "Oh, easy there." Y/N chuckled and she can see on her peripheral vision that Draco rolled his eyes.

"I am so sad that you didn't get into Gryffindor Y/N." The look on her face says it too well so the H/C haired girl quickly pat the gryffindor's back. "It's fine Hermione. We can still talk. By the way, what's your schedule?" She pulled something on her pocket and gave me Y/N a docket.

"It seems like we are doing all of the classes together!" They jumped happily and squeals.

"Tsk. I told you Y/N to carefully befriend the right one. Anyway, I have to go. I don't want to be late. Besides, I can't understand girls." He seems mad but Y/N will just talk to him later.

"Don't mind him Hermione. He looks mean but he is really kind. Anyway, shall we go now?" She asked, arranging her uniform properly before they walk together towards Professor Flitwick's designated room.

*Fast forward to the potion class*

Y/N and Hermione arrived early to save themselves some seat from the back. L/N usually sit in front but the occurrence between her and the Potions Master last night made her interest in potions evaporate.

"Hey Y/N! Let's sit in front!" Granger whispered as she pulls the girl towards her desired seat. "I don't want to 'Mione. I don't like potions." The slytherin girl grumbled but failed to resist the gryffindor's puppy eyes and cute face. "You are lucky that you are irresistible." They chuckled together and prepared their quills, books and papers.

As the minute pass by, the students fill the room. The bell rings and the door slammed opened, revealing Professor Snape as he entered the room dramatically. He sat on his chair as he started to call everyone's name.

Y/N automatically rolled her eyes as he started to speak. She is somewhat scared with the mixture of annoyance when she thinks of him. As if, she has known him before.

She felt her eyelids are going to collapse anytime. Maybe, it's a him problem. She had a good sleep and potions is the only subject she wanted to skip.

"Harry Potter. Our new -- celebrity." Her right brow went up as everyone look at Potter, including the girl. Hermione gulped and feels trouble is coming towards her house.

But Y/N couldn't help but to feel mesmerized by the way this professor speak. She shook her head and clearly pointed out to herself that this man is bitter and not so friendly unlike the other professor.

Her jaw dropped when she watches Snape make a fool of Harry Potter in his class. Potter haven't done anything wrong to him so why is he acting like a bully?

The girl felt Hermione poked her arm and she haven't noticed that the attention of everyone is on her now. Her palms begin to sweat and the overwhelming feeling of being the center of attention is slowly creeping out of her chest.

"Miss L/N, have your ears snapped out of your head because it cannot endure your witless brain?" Some chuckles can be heard around the room but they were silenced when Snape glared at them.