15: Flipped

AUTHOR'S POV:

Y/N is befuddled wether that kiss is real or not.

After her little talk with Snape that night, she couldn't recall what happened next and end up waking up on her bed.

"My dreams felt real Hermione. Believe me-" before the slytherin girl could talk more, Harry and Ron is rushing towards them.

"Shh! Be quiet! Madam Pince wouldn't like this." The muggle born glared at the boy's direction and give Y/N a look of maybe-later-we-will-figure-out.

"Y/N we've been trying to figure out who's behind these attacks..." the muggle-born started to explain as she sighed.

"Well, have you got any leads?" The red head just shrugged his shoulder while Harry look directly at Y/N.

"Uhm... We have... Actually.... Malfoy, could be the heir of Slytherin and... He could be the one who's opening the chamber of secrets..." Potter said as he is hesitating wether to tell Y/N about it because Draco is her friend. But Hermione shook her head in disagreement.

"We shouldn't blame Malfoy without evidence. That's why Y/N is here. We need your help." Granger said, slightly uncomfortable. Of course she is still mad about Draco calling her a slur but they have to put an end to all of the happenings right now.

Y/N noticed that Granger shifted to her seat after mentioning Malfoy's name uncomfortably.

"Hermione what's wrong?" L/N ask as she slowly reach out for Granger's hand.

"Oh we totally forgot... Well you see, Malfoy called Hermione the... Uhm-" The ginger couldn't spit it out so Granger herself cut him off.

"A mudblood." Y/N's hand went to cover her mouth out of shock. Her eyes went wide and she suddenly lost her tongue to speak.

"H-He didnt-"

"He did. Well, Ron tried to get back at him but his wand isn't in the condition so the spell firedback." Ron stomach flipped as he remembered the struggles he felt when spitting the slugs out of his mouth.

"It's disgusting." He flinched in horror as Harry just tap his back for comfort.

Y/N couldn't believe that Draco will go this far. Calling Hermione a very foul name... Her hands tightly gripped her cloak while gritting her teeth.

"Don't worry Hermione. I will talk to him about it."

************

"I can't even understand why you hangout with those people! I thought you can do better than that!"

"It's because they're my friends! I can't believe that you will get this far! How could you Draco?!" Y/N shouted back at Draco. Tears started building in her eyes as people circled them, watching the entertainment.

"Am I NOT your friend?! Plus, you knew that I hate them! You are just the same! You're a blood traitor! I can't believe that stupid song bird put you in Slytherin." everyone gasp and some let out an ooh.

Everyone knew that Y/N L/N is a true slytherin and they couldn't believe that Draco said it to her. His friend.

That's it. L/N slap Malfoy acrossed his cheeks and she went out of Slytherin common room.

Y/N felt like a bucket of very cold water has been splashed in her.

Everyone would dare to glance, but wouldn't dare to speak. But Y/N actually doesn't care. She will cry if she wanted to, it's not her responsibility to please everyone.

L/N slowly look up when she noticed that everyone went silent, and there the man who's tormenting her in her dreams. Severus Snape.

Snape just look at her with no expression, waiting for her to explain what's going on.

"Good day Professor..." She bow her head alittle and proceeded to walk away.

Y/N doesn't know where to go. She doesn't want to bother the trio anymore and BFF/N is probably on the library.

It's like yesterday she is laughing and now, she's crying. Amazing how the events could be flip around easily.

She just decided to go to the owlery to visit O/N. Thank goodness Y/N have her backpack with her.

It's been awhile since she wrote to her parents and she missed them.

When Y/N reached the owlery, she couldn't help but stare in awe to the scenery infront of her.

The sun is setting, shielded behind the mountain. The trees were strong, black soldiers, standing in an unmoving row.

The conflict between her and Malfoy is forgotten and O/N came out of nowhere, settling on Y/N shoulders as he/she waits for the letter to be finished.

*********************

Snape didn't bother to ask Y/N for more information. She's been a pain in the arse to him for many many times.

He wince as he remember their kiss that night.

He doesn't know how he can thank Merlin because he grasp his wand that moment to put a confundus charm on Y/N and make her fall asleep. Plus, how can he let that event keep on happening?! For christsake she's a child! Worse his student!

He cleared his mind and headed towards Dumbledore office. But this time, he wasn't called by the old man.

Snape muttered the password he find ridiculous and the huge gargoyle spins, revealing the staircase towards the Headmaster's office.

His right hand that is balled in fist reach the wooden door to knock.

"Come in." Snape opened the door and bow his head alittle to greet Dumbledore.

"Welcome Severus. What can I do for you?" The potion master slightly rolled his eyes when he see Dumbledore soft smile on his lips. Before Snape speaks, he let out a sigh.

"It's about that business, Headmaster." The old man eyes twinkled and he motion Snape to take a seat and continue the matter.

"I am close of completing the potion... But I can't promise you that it will work. It's been years and I just... couldn't." Snape sounds desperate. He's very exhausted and the recent event isn't helping him at all.

"We all know that you're very capable of doing this Severus. This isn't the time where you need to give up."

"I-I know... It's just.. I am tired of this all..." Dumbledore look at Snape worriedly.

"Have you been missing your sleep Severus?" When the old man didn't get a response from the potion master, he sighs.

"I understand that you're fagged with all of this affairs... But this is for her."

Snape's hand ran on his face out of annoyance. "This is for her Severus. And for Lily-" Dumbledore decided to shut his mouth when the man glared at him.

"I-I get it.. If you excuse me... " Snape went out of the old man's office and go towards his chamber.

***************