6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]

[EDITED ON 02/11/24]

***

Harry, Hermione, and Draco is concerned about Y/N's well being.

It's been weeks and her cheeky smile is slowly vanishing as the day passes. The girl doesn't even bother to talk to any of her friends unless they start to initiate a conversation first.

Y/N is either on the library or with Snape, doing her detention with him. 

Rumors are already spreading that Y/N is a teacher's pet or they are using the detention as an excuse for their secret experimentation to dominate the wizarding world. Which is absurd, either way.

The students is into Y/N's business that they are almost interfering with the girl's life. They know about her parents, their achievements, how much wealth they have, and where they live. Which is quite creepy.

Y/N doesn't care anymore. She's too obsessed to successfully brew the potion she was asked to do. Especially when she knows the time is very near when she'll finally make it.

The slytherin girl is currently in the library with Draco. "Hey Y/N. Do you know the answer of our potions homework? Uhm, it's about cure for boils." Draco inquire quietly. He is looking at her with pity. If only he could ask his godfather to stop tormenting her and spend more time talking with him. But, he doesn't take her works as a mere joke.

Draco is very interested in Y/N as Y/N is very interested at successfully brewing the Draught of Living Death.

He waited patiently as she is very absorbed in reading the book for Advanced Potion-Making. Infact, she already finished the other two: Magical Drafts and Potions, then One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.

The issue further deepens in Hogwarts when Y/N put Snape on the tight spot. She's basically ruining his class by cutting the dungeon bat off because she knew already the lesson he is teaching. Infact, she can be a substitute teacher herself though experience is the only lacking requirements in her 'curriculum vitae', as how Severus Snape says it to the headmaster when he's complaining.

Hermione is very worried about Y/N, being a know-it-all in potion but it never stopped their friendship.

With a 'pop' of the book, Y/N sigh enthusiastically and look at Draco with a light smile on her lips.

"Of course I know about Cure for Boils, Draco. Here, you can copy mine. Just paraphrase it a little or else both of us won't get any points. Snape's a meticulous teacher, trust me." Draco's eyes widen when he have seen her assignment. It's like an answer from a book itself.

"M-Merlin Y/N! It looks like you are an author for a potion book! I will only copy few. Dang!" Y/N just yawn tiredly and stretch her arms. Her sleeping habits and eating patterns really get along with each other, they are doing very bad. She haven't slept and eaten properly for the last few weeks.

But, today is the day that she'll put an end to that greasy dungeon bat. She smile happily to herself as Hermione, Harry, and Ron spotted Y/N.

They were surprised to see that their classmate is smiling. It's a rare occasion for the slytherin girl to have a moment to herself now a days. "Doesn't she already go nuts?" Ron mumbled and Hermione just rolled her eyes on his stupid jokes.

"Hey, Y/N. What are you doing?" Harry ask as he noticed that Draco is copying her assignment.

"Oh, just finished reading." L/N muttered as she yawn again. In this case, for a long time until tears begin to escape her eyes.

"What about you Potter? Couldn't care to make everyone suffer around you huh?" Draco snapped, sneering at the three. Y/N look at Draco as a warning and he just grumbled.