24: Boggart

AUTHOR'S POV:

Y/N L/N is feeling upset after receiving the last letter of her parents yesterday.

She felt everything is just so wrong. Why would they care about the mass murderer? How is she related to him?

Her parents explained that she need to take an extra care about almost everything. The letter also stated that she, no matter what happens will follow Dumbledore's wishes.

"What?! Did he say what!? What if Snape likes you? Think about it Y/N! You two already... You know! Kissed!" Granger whispered desperately to Y/N while elbowing her ribs.

"No thanks. Thank you Hermione!Anyone can hear you at this moment!" L/N sarcastically whispered back, meeting the eyes of Snape on the high table.

She swallowed hard. Why is she being like this? Her heart beat is racing insanely on her chest while her cheeks is feeling hot as the second passes by.

The slytherin girl decided to break the stares as she dumbly look on the ground.

"Huh?" Granger rolled her eyes pathetically and sigh.

"H—Hermione... I—It couldn't be... Maybe I like—"

"Professor Lupin!" L/N face lit up as she looked pass her friend. "Professor!" Granger greeted.

"Having your lunch huh? Well I am so sure that you will like our lesson for today." Lupin winked at the both and headed towards the hightable, flopping next to Snape who snorted and sip his pumpkin juice.

"He's been sighted!" Granger and L/N quickly look at the clumped students to their left.

Potter and Ron quickly huddled with the other students, joined by Granger and L/N.

"Achintee? That's not far from
here..." The know-it-all whispered to herself. Y/N worriedly look at Potter, who looked back at her with a nod.

***************

L/N headed towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts room with Potter and Weasley... Since Granger said she have something to take care of....

Weasley can't be stopped, talking about the infamous mass murderer while L/N does the opposite.

Since her eyes have landed on the newspaper, her joyous mood changed.

"What the?" The ginger boy cringe at the sight.

The other students gasp, including Longbottom who's at the left side of the room, hiding behind Finnegan because of the tall wardrobe, rattling violently infront of them.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Lupin suddenly commented, making everyone look at him.

"That's a Boggart, that is." Finnegan whispered nervously. Lupin's face lit up.

"Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" L/N almost speak when Granger suddenly answered out of nowhere.

"No one knows." Ronald and Y/N got startled. "When'd she get here?" The ginger whispered to Potter who just shrugged.

Y/N eyed her friend suspiciously. She knew that something is off.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so --" she continued.

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!"

The students say it outloud earning them a clap from Lupin.