2: Family Businesses

Y/N POV:

I finished packing my luggage and I made sure that I didn't leave important things behind.

Strange, my father is on the living room already, reading a daily prophet newspaper and my mother is preparing some breakfast... For us? Usually, Chigo is the one who's preparing our meals? Very strange.

"Hey y/n, perfect timing! I have cooked our breakfast and your father will go with you on the station. " a smile quickly curled on my lips as I run downstairs. My mother isn't really this energetic on the daily basis.

"Really!? Thanks mom and dad!" I happily said as I kiss them on their cheeks. They just chuckled and I noticed my dad grabbed a cage besides the leather sofa and I hear the Owl hums.

My eyes went wide. "Merlin! An owl! Did you bought this for me? I can't really believe you!" I hugged him tightly and I see a black owl with a very dark blue eyes.

"We....Well... we're very sorry yesterday..." My mom muttered as she went besides me and kisses my forehead. "No mom it's absolutely fine!" I suddenly remember what Mr. Ollivander said about our family.

"Mom... Is it true that you are a very powerful witch? Also dad?" Their brows met each other as my mother hold my shoulder, looking straight in my eyes.

"Well, I am not sure who told you that but yes... Your father and I were in the same house... Slytherin... Same as-" she coughs and her expression suddenly changed.

She let go of my shoulder and just look in the other direction. "Same as the dark lord..." My father always told me about him... Very bad wizard...

Now, I am not excited on going to the school anymore. "Then?" "Uhm, he persuaded us to join his little group called-"

"The death eaters... Right?" I cut my mom off and she just nodded her head slowly. "And... We almost got persuaded until Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts told us what will happen if we join him so we didn't. Your father almost joined the group. We argued about it and thankfully he didn't join them."

My throat went arid. I am suddenly in need of water. "He's dead...right?" I quietly ask but my mom already went to the dining room.

"Some says he is dead... Well we cannot be sure about that." My dad smiled... A fake one. Strange.

I decided to shook these scary thoughts out of my brain and went on to grab some sandwiches because I am hungry. "Hey Y/N hurry! You're going to be late." my father said as I've seen Chigo carrying my baggage down the stairs.

I kissed my mom on her cheek once again and she hugged me tightly. "I'm gonna miss you sweetheart. Take care" she said and we decided to leave the house.

*****************************

The train station is very crowded as Me and my dad pass the 9 ¾ barrier. There, welcomed me the train! The train to Hogwarts.

I can't really believe that I am finally be going on the school that my father and mother always told me about!

"Now Y/N, take care and we'll be writing you letter through Hill and you will be replying using your owl...Did you give him a name already?" Dad asked as he kneel down to level my height.

"Well, I think...O/N. That's the name." He gently wraps his slender arms around my body and lean his head on mine. "That's a very gorgeous name... Now hurry, the train will be going in 2 minutes." My dad slowly stands up messing my hair.

I gave him a one last look and finally enter the train. A lot of children are talking about a lot of stuffs.

Some are hugging each other and some are alone, like me. I found an empty compartment and carefully put my luggage inside. I miss home already, tsk!

The train started to move and I got surprised when a blonde hair opens the compartment. " Hey L/N. Mind if I join you?" I quickly shook my head and just smile a little.

"Well, my father told me that your family generation were all in Slytherin. Is it correct?" he asks as he played with the thing on his pocket. "Yes. My mother told me about it." He just smiles then a lady with a cart came to stop buy and yelled. "Anything for the trolly?!" Malfoy get ups and buy some few sweets while I stared outside to admire the view.

"Would you like some? It's better to chuck on something than to stare into a total oblivion." He offered a chocolate in a box. I read the information on the chocolate and it is called 'Chocolate Frog'. Strange.

I opened the box and I got surprised when a frog jumps onto my face. I heard Malfoy chuckling while standing on the door. "I forgot to tell you about that." He winks and finally left my compartment.

The frog disappeared and there's a card that has an image of a wizard. 'Albus Dumbledore'. The headmaster...

I got surprised, again, when a girl in Hogwarts robe opened the door. She got a very bushy brown hair and a brown eyes.

"Well, sorry to interrupt... My friend Neville lost his toad. Have you seen it?" I shrugged my shoulder and she smiled at me.

"By the way, I am Hermione Granger. You?" her voice is very cheery and she also smiled brightly. "I am Y/N L/N." Her eyes went wide as she rushes to sit in front of me.

"Really?! A L/N? I heard your family is very famous when it comes to making some potions!" She said with excitement while I furrowed my brows together.

How come I didn't know any of these? "Why? Is there something wrong?" She asks and slowly lean in to check on me.

"Well, I happened to lack some knowledge about my family." The smile on my lips vanished and I looked down.

She just pats my back and stands up, heading towards the door. "Well, nice meeting you Y/N... I really need to help Neville to find his toad." I just nodded and tear started to build into my eyes. Now, I am all alone... I am feeling miserable right now.

I can hear the rails screech as the train slowly stops...

M

erlin, please guide me very well and make my days at Hogwarts better.

*****************************