6: Draught of Living Death

AUTHOR'S POV:

Harry, Hermione and Draco is concerned about Y/N's well being.

It's been weeks and her cheeky smile is slowly vanishing as the day passes.

She didn't even bother to talk to any of them unless they start to initiate a conversation first.

Y/N is either on the library or with Snape, doing her detention with him.

Rumors are already spreading that Y/N is a pet of Snape or they are using the detention as an excuse for their secret romance.

Y/N doesn't care anymore. She's too obsessed to successfully brew the potion she was asked to do.

She is currently in the library with Draco. "Hey Y/N... Do you know the answer for our potions homework? Uhm... It's about cure for boils." Draco ask quietly. He is looking at her with pity. If only he could ask his godfather to stop tormenting her and spend more time talking with him...

Draco is very interested in Y/N as Y/N is very interested at successfully brewing the Draught of Living Death.

He waited patiently as Y/N is very absorbed in reading the book for Advanced Potion-Making. Infact, she already finished the other two, Magical Drafts and Potions and One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi.

The issue in the Hogwarts spread like wild fire when Y/N put Snape on the tight spot.

She's basically ruining his class by cutting Snape off because she knew already the lesson.

Hermione is kinda worried but it never stopped their friendship.

With a 'pop' of the book, Y/N sigh enthusiastically and look at Draco.

"Of course I know Draco, by the way thank you for your company... You can copy mine, just paraphrase it alittle or else both of us won't get any points." Draco's eyes widen when he have seen her assignment.

"M-Merlin Y/N! It looks like you are an author for a potion book! I will only copy few. Dang!" Y/N just yawn tiredly and stretch her arms.

Today is the day that she'll put an end to that greasy bat. She smile happily to herself as Hermione, Harry and Ron spotted Y/N.

They were surprised to see Y/N smiling. "Doesn't she already go nuts?" Ron mumbled and Hermione just rolled her eyes at his stupid jokes.

"Y/N! What are you doing?" Harry ask as he noticed that Draco is copying her assignment.

"Oh, just finished reading." Y/N muttered as she yawn again. She is obviously lacking sleep because she's too engulfed to learn.

"What about you Potter? Couldn't care to make everyone suffer around you huh?" Draco snapped, sneering at the three. Y/N just look at Draco and he just grambled.

Harry glared at Draco. "What? It's your fault that she's been reading that nonsensical book! If it wasn't for you then she shouldn't have detention with Snape!" Draco snarled at him grabbing Y/N paper with his and walking away from them.

"What nonsensical book? You've been reading Advanced Potion-Making?!" Granger's eyes opened wide as she grabbed the book from her hand.

"6th years are supposed to be the one reading this!" Hermione's brows furrowed as Y/N just sigh, looking tiredly at the trio.

"Yeah, just finished it." she said, almost a whisper. Y/N doesn't have enough energy to mutter anything right now.

"That must be awful. 1 month detention with the git....Uhm can I copy your assignment too? I noticed Malfoy copyiny yours." Ron said as he is now sitting infront of Y/N, followed by Harry while Hermione sits besides her.

Hermione hit his head. "Okay, okay I wont." The ginger grumbled, scratching his head.

"How are you coping with it Y/N?" Potter is still feeling guilty even though Y/N assured him that it's not his fault.

"Well, at first I thought I'll explode but I can finally deal with the greasy git." Hermione wrap her hands around Y/N, comforting her.

"I am so sorry that we cannot do anything about it Y/N." Y/N is still thankful that she got friends after ignoring them for the past few weeks.

She have been busy diving her nose with the books and now, she's done. No one knew what Snape ask her to brew and they are just thinking that the greatness of her is in her blood so that's why everyone knew why she's so good at Potions.

Didn't they know, she is studying to prove herself infront of the potion master. "By the way, why are you reading that book? It's not because you just wanted to read it? Right?" Harry ask, looking straight into her E/C eyes.

"Well, Snape ask me to brew Draught of Living Death." she plainly said like it's not a very complex potion.

"What?!" the three screamed in sync as the other students glared at them for being too loud.

"Or else I will fail his stupid subject." Y/N continued when they calmed down. The three look at her with pity.

"Don't worry guys, I am confident that I can do it. So, i gotta go now. Im gonna put Professor Snappy in his place today." She suddenly feel a sudden energy flow in her veins.

The trio said their goodbyes and Y/N hurriedly went to the dungeon. She's late and she's aware of that. Infact, she have been doing that in the last few days and Snape didn't care.

Y/N hand harshly knocked on the door. "Come in." said the snarky Professor.

She immediately went to the cupboard for the ingredients, along with the cauldron.

But before she started, she was interrupted by none other than the Professor Snape.

"Does being a know-it-all stops you from coming here on time Miss L/N?" Snape asked while writing something down on his notes.

"I guess so... Professor? Can you do me a favor? Please be quiet and be cooperative." Y/N glared at him then proceed on brewing the difficult potion.

Snape is amused, not because she told him to be quiet but he noticed that she doesn't have any book around her.

Y/N started to smash the 13 pieces of sopophorous beans to get as much of the juice out of them. Then, she squeeze it on the cauldron along with a cup of water.

She memorized all of the steps so she's doing it all with ease. She waited for a few minutes until the content on the cauldron begin to boil.

Y/N stir the potion 7 times counter clockwise followed by a clockwise stir.

Now she added the 4 cup of asphodel in an infusion of wormwood then repeating the stir she have done before.

Y/N tapped her fingers patiently on the table as she waited the potion color to turn into deep purple.

A smile escape her lips when it did. Then she added the 2 tablespoons of valerian roots finely, chopped. Repeating the stir before she added the pinch of cloves then stirred the potion on the respective exercise.

Y/N doesn't notice that the Potion Master is watching her every move. Snape finds her entertaining, his note is now forgotten.

After waiting for the potion to simmer for 7 minutes, she stirred it again in the same manner.

Blue smokes are condescending from the cauldron, after stirring it in the correct order, the color begin to change to light lilac color.

Y/N chuckled and watch the potion she is making turn into a clear water.

Snape averted his gaze on the notebook on his desk as Y/N E/C eyes went to look at him.

"Professor, I think I can finally end your detention with the potion you wanted me to do." She said stretching her arms, smirking at him.

She inhales the smokes coming up from the cauldron, feeling her success.

The cloaked man rose from his seat and started to walk towards her to see if she made it or not.

As he was ready to make criticism, Snape watch her collapse on the ground. "Miss L/N!"

****************