37: The Unbreakable Vow

Why is she always having a dream about what happened at the Yule Ball? She gasp, chest heaving heavily as she look around her unfamiliar surroundings.

Recalling the happening yesterday... she let out a sigh... Now that Snape is temporarily safe from Voldemort... everything will be fine...

Yes. Fine.

All L/N could do is to laugh bitterly.

M/N and F/N L/N is dead because of her just because she won't cooperate with the darkest wizard of all time. If only she can turn back the time she will.

How can she be so stupid? Why she didn't see any of this coming?

***

Nearing Dumbledore's office, L/N stopped on her tracks. Lost in the depth of her mind. Now, is the perfect time to choose a path.

'This is not the first time. Everything will be alright.'

She thought, well, it's her coping mechanism ever since that day -- the day where she lost her dear sister.

Y/N can now recall the scream she heard back then when she went to ease her bladder as the dementors were feasting on her soul. She killed her... Her dear sister... It's her who claimed the life in her eyes. It is because of her magical capabilities.

A hand went to clutch on her chest as tears beginning to build a pond on her eyes. She bit her lips to stop herself from making a layer of sounds. She arranges the hood over her head, concealing her body from unnecessary eyes.

Dumbfounded at the sight of the ugly gargoyle towering over her, she watches it disappeared as the stairs replaced it instead.

With her shaking knees, she finally sees the headmaster with his back facing her. "P-Professor Dumbledore..."

"Y/N... How are you feeling?" He gently asks, lips curling softly.

"Fine... I guess... I-I just wanted to tell you something..." Nervous chuckles escape from her lips as she closed her eyes very tight... remembering M/N and F/N L/N dead bodies on the ground of their house.

The old man remained silent. "It's about my magic... I-I... Well- Please tell me the truth Professor... A thought stricken my mind... Is it true that it is meant to kill?" Words by words are getting unclear as it escaped her delicate mouth. Y/N cannot believe and cannot accept it still.

He lowered his gaze, unable to confirm anything. He worries for Y/N as he already knew that her adoptive parents were killed last month. "I believe I don't have the knowledge to say yes or no Y/N... But I am certain that it depends on you... yes you."

Dumbledore gently run his hand on her arms, a comfort. "We cannot always obtain the ending we desire to seek. You see, the logic around us will remain unsolvable. But it's up to us on how to create a group of theories to make amendments." Confusing as always, L/N sigh.

"Albus... please do not tell anyone regarding me... That I am finally back. I will take care of it... Especially Severus... He doesn't know any of my business with Voldemort. Just put your faith in me... I'll break my ties with him even if I have to kill myself." Y/N asked– pleaded the old man. Dumbledore can only scratch his beard, having difficulty on comprehending the situation before them.

"What do you what me to tell them then?" He inquires.

"Tell them I am with Voldemort and that it's possible I am dead."

"How will you take care of it Y/N?" Dumbledore sounded too concerned.

"It's my fault why I got brought back into being a child Albus... I created this potion so I know just well how I will bring myself back into my original figure and thanks to Severus several experiments, I don't have to be back on scratch." The girl explained, looking down.