28: Mysterious Book

AUTHOR’S POV:

L/N wake up with a gasp, tiny drops of sweat on her forehead. She looked around to found Potter and Granger discussing something.

Weasley on the other hand is complaining of his leg. Then the door creaked open, revealing the finest headmaster Hogwarts ever has.

L/N can’t quite understand what they’re talking about. She just wanted water for now. She slowly reached for the glass beside her bed, and then noticed the pile of familiar books on it.

Her brows furrowed then a small smile crept into her lips. “Whatever he said and look, he got me the books.”

The girl couldn’t stop on smiling by the fact that Snape got the books for her. But the smile disappeared as a dream suddenly crossed her mind.

“I think I have lost my confidence to face you Y/N… I know I am crazy for talking to you while you’re asleep. But I really wanted to apologize. I can’t bear to talk to you.”

A voice said in a shaky breath. “I don’t even want this goddamned illness. What did I even do to deserve this?” A visible frustration is on his tone.

“I am really sorry Y/N. I couldn’t believe myself. I should have predicted it atleast… I like you Y/N. I can’t afford to hurt you again. Yes. I kept my feelings to myself for a very long time because I couldn’t even talk to a girl like you. How dare I? Thank you for everything as I don’t actually deserve any of it. Goodbye…”

L/N hand brushed on her forehead as she thought the kiss on it felt really real.

Tear escapes from her eyes. Those dreams she dreamt of felt like it really happened.

She wanted to put another entry on her diary but she seems to be writing on it later when she finally has her book in her own hands.

“How’d you two get over there? I was just talking to you over there!” Weasley shrieked. L/N watched Granger and Potter running towards them.

“What do you think Harry? Too much for him – everything that’s happened tonight?” The girl eyed them suspiciously.

“Afraid so. Always been a bit of the nervous type, Ron has.” Weasley just stared at them strangely while they giggled at each other.

“Time turner I guess?” Granger look at L/N with wide eyes. “How d-did you?” Granger and Potter went towards the slytherin girl.

“I figured it out. Just right now. My hunches are correct. You are indeed using a time turner in the whole quarter. I've noticed that you kept on excusing yourself whenever we'll go to the class together and later I realized that you'll just pop in.”

“Okay, you sneaky little snake.” Granger tickled L/N a little because she winced in pain when Granger continues to tickle her.

“By the way Y/N. Do you know who are BFF/N’s family? I don’t intend to say something behind her back but I’ve seen her yesterday on the courtyard. She’s all alone and looking cautiously around. It looks like she is hiding something. Then, she sent a letter through an unknown owl... It's not her owl Y/N...” L/N brows furrowed.

“No. I don’t think so…”

“So where are you staying this summer vacation?” Potter asked, arranging his crooked glasses.

“About that. Ron. I think I will be spending my summer with you. Don’t be sad, I won’t be a burden. I promise.” She joked and Potter enviously looked at her.

Aww. Harry Potter is jealous? Don’t worry. If I can pay you a visit. I will. I am not scared of your uncle and auntie.” She laughed hilariously by just remembering how Potter told them about his auntie and uncle. Also, not to mention their plump son.