37 - How do we explain this?

Taehyung's POV

"You can't be serious right now Taehyung? Tell me this is some sick joke?" My father looked at me with his piercing gaze.

We had moved into the drawing room for some privacy, away from the staff. My mother was quietly sniffling while Seokjin was patting her hand sympathetically. I was glad that she hadn't pushed his hand away. We exchanged a look before I turned to my father.

"Believe me father, as crazy as it sounds, it isn't a joke. Seokjin will be having our child very soon." I smiled softly at my handsome boyfriend.

"Your child? If I am to assume correctly, there is a fifty percent chance that this child could very well be Jungkook's too?"

"Well, yes father b-but......," I tried but he cut me off.

"No buts Taehyung! You've put me into a very compromising corner with your lifestyle choices."

"Whatever I have done, I've done it out of love father. I love both Seokjin and Jungkook. And I'm loyal to the two of them. We're committed to each other."

"I want to say something."

It was my mother. I was surprised that she had spoken up. She wasn't one to make her opinions known since my father was very domineering, so I was stunned that she had actually said anything.

"Beom-su, I have a condition where I think we can work this out."

"What is it jagi? Let's hear it. Might as well hear what you have to say, since I'm at a complete loss with this situation."

My father looked away moodily and I watched as my mother held onto Jinnie's hand more firmly before speaking.

"I want Taehyung to marry Seokjin."

"Mother! What are you saying?" I was incredulous right now. My father looked up with interest and quieted me down before encouraging my mother to go on. He had that glint in his eye whenever an idea appealed to him. This didn't bode well.

"Please listen to me Tae before you go off. It's a reasonable request considering he's already pregnant. We'll have a huge ceremony. Announce it to everyone. And Jungkook can still live with you two. But, Seokjin will legally be your husband and the child he will bear, will be our heir."

I turned to look at Seokjin who was almost in tears. I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration. They did not understand what we felt for each other? Jungkook would be crushed. I couldn't do that to him.

"I think it's a brilliant idea! It will solve all your issues Taehyung. Also, no one will question the paternity of the child if you're married and if the child is Jungkook's, it still would not matter. He is, after all, your cousin."

"Father, I cannot do that to Jungkook. I love him too much. He will be extremely hurt and disappointed."

"Why don't we ask him then? Let's not waste anymore time. Call him up," my father instructed.

I looked at Seokjin and he nodded for confirmation. I sighed and pulled out my phone.

Kookie, is it possible for you to come over to my parents house now? We really need to discuss something important.

Jungkook confirmed that he would see us in ten minutes as he had already left for home.

I excused myself and Jin while we waited for our Kookie.

"Baby, are you okay? I'm so worried about you my love." I caressed his soft cheek and he nodded, on the brink of tears. He threw himself into my arms and I held onto him tightly. I love him so much. He's so precious to me.

"I'm worried about Kookie, Tae. This will be a legal, binding and lifelong commitment. What if he feels that we don't love him?"

"Oh sweetpea, he knows we love him and value him. He's also our love. We are incomplete without him."

My sweet angel nodded again and stayed in my arms until our Kookie arrived.

He was beaming happily when he walked into my parents home, hugging and kissing us quickly. I explained things to him before we went into the drawing room where my parents waited. Jin refused to let go of him as we walked back into the room. Jungkook's face looked grave and I was worried about him. I knew he wouldn't speak in front of Jin since he did not want to upset him but Jungkook and I had a way of understanding each other without words.

"Jungkook! It's good to see you my boy," my father said as soon as we entered, shaking his hand furiously. I think he was taking to this new idea very well already. I groaned and walked to a seat next to my mother.

"So I assume, Taehyung has told you about our proposal? I want to explain why we......," my father began but Jungkook cut him off.

"Ahjussi, I accept your arrangement."

I was stunned. We didn't even discuss this. Why was he agreeing so easily? Jin burst into tears and I held him tightly, soothing his back, my eyes never leaving my Kookie's.

"Thank you Jungkook. I knew you would understand. I also have a few terms I'd like to iron out while we're all together. Taehyung will be taking over as CEO of my group of companies. I want you to be General Manager. And I request for Seokjin to take a leave of absense from work, or resign completely. Now before you scream at me Taehyung, let me explain. Your mother and I have discussed it while you were out of the room. We want Seokjin to rest for the baby's sake and he will be busy with plans for your wedding. We don't need him to go through with any undue stress. Besides, if he wishes to work after the baby is born, we can place him at any of our innumerable companies, but I don't see the need. I want you to consider my requests. These are not demands. I'm a reasonable man Taehyung and I trust that you realise I have been accommodating to you all your life. I just want the best for you and now for our heir."

"Do not worry ahjussi, we will abide by all your requests," Jungkook said and my father smiled.

"Jungkook! We need to discuss this. Let's go home. We'll talk about this together first," I was firm and he just nodded, sighing heavily before bowing to my parents and holding Jin securely before making his way out of the house. As soon as we were outside, I rounded on him.

"What the fuck was that about Kook?!" I was angry and upset. Jin was still crying softly.

"We'll discuss this at home Tae," he said calmly, "I want to get Jinnie home first. He's very upset and it's not good for the baby."

I was seething but I relented after seeing Jin's expression of pleading.

"Fine! Let's go home." I cupped Jin's face and kissed him softly before grabbing Jungkook and holding onto him firmly. "I love you Kookie. I love you Jinnie. Please don't ever doubt that."

Jungkook kissed me and held me before smiling and helping Jin into his car. He then turned to me.

"I love you Tae. Please trust me. I know what I'm doing. Let's go home, okay?" He held me and kissed me again but this time the kiss was deeper and more intense. I nodded and held back my conflicting emotions.

"I love you Jungkook."

I kissed him again before making my way back to my car.

................................

************************************

Hey my swties! So I'm back to updating this book daily as I want to take it to completion. I apologise for the long delay but I was sewing up my other books and I'm now happy to be back with our idiots. I know it might seem real angsty right now but I promised you this book will be fun and happy. And I'll keep to it. Just trust me for a bit 😉

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙