35 - The truth about Kim Taehyung

Seokjin's POV

I sat alone in the rather large drawing room of Taehyung's childhood home. I looked around at the many pieces of art on display and my eyes went wide when they fell on a beautiful landscape painting that had Taehyung's signature on it. I never knew he could paint. He had kept many things from me, as I was discovering in the last few weeks.

As I sat there, waiting for him to return, my mind wandered to the day, a few weeks ago when he had confessed his truth to me.

Flashback

Jungkook held onto me firmly as I watched Taehyung wrestle with something on his mind. I wanted to reach out to him but he had asked me for some space. So I sat with Jungkook and waited patiently as we watched Taehyung pace the room.

"Jinnie, I'm going to apologise beforehand because I know you are going to be upset with me that I've kept some things about myself a secret from you. Jungkook knows because, well ..... because he is my second cousin."

He stopped and looked at me, waiting for my response. I was shocked. I had no idea they were even remotely related. But I remained impassive and just waited for Taehyung to continue. I knew there was more.

"Jungkook and I are both originally from Busan. When I was little, my father decided to shift me to Seoul with Jungkook's parents who had moved here to manage a business. I was a troublesome child and I often clashed with my parents over many things. So it was decided that I should move with them for a while until I calmed down. Jungkook's mum had a way to keep me in check."

Taehyung exchanged a soft look with Jungkook, most probably recalling a fond memory between them. I watched as Jungkook smiled at Taehyung and interlaced our hands.

"Years passed and I was happy with Kookie's family. I refused to go back to my parents on numerous occasions. They would always force me to return, no doubt, regretting their decision to move me initially. But as more years passed, and I became aware of myself and who and what I really was, the rift between my parents and myself increased, more especially after they learned I was gay. They didn't disown me, but things were never the same again."

He looked at me with pain in his eyes and I knew he understood what I had gone through with my own parents.

"I'm sorry my love," I said, going to him and kissing him on his chin. He held me close for a bit until I went back to sit with Kookie.

"Kookie's mum was very accommodating. She loved us both despite us being gay. She really was a wonderful human being. I miss her so much."

Jungkook lifted me off of him and went to Tae. He held him tightly as they both began to tear. She had passed away a while ago. I was sad that I had never gotten to meet her.

"I'm sorry baby. This is very emotional for me. I'm usually not like this but recalling all this, has me feeling nostalgic."

"Please don't apologise for being real my love," I said. I got up and kissed both of them. I love them so much.

"I knew I always loved you Jinnie. I know I was a complete idiot for years and I messed up big time when it came to you, but despite all my shortcomings, my love for you was always pure and true."

"Let's leave that in the past now. We've come so far together. Tell me what's worrying you love," I encouraged him.

He took a deep breath and continued.

"I .... Jinnie, my father is Kim Beom-su."

My eyes went wide and I almost fell off the couch. What the hell! Was he for real? I looked at Jungkook for confirmation and he simply nodded.

"Are you serious Tae? But .... but I don't understand. Why? I mean ... you're ......"

"I know Jinnie. If my father is one of the richest men in Korea, then why do I work as a medium level employee at an advertising company?"

"Well ... yes! What's going on Tae? Please explain."

Jungkook moved to sit back down with me and held my hand as Taehyung looked out the window, deep in thought.

"As I said before, my parents and I, we never got along well. Being a son of a chaebol never really sat very well with me. People treated me differently. I wanted to be my own person, and that's why I've always been more comfortable with Kookie's family than my own. They didn't treat me like I was some royalty. They allowed me to grow into my own person. But now, things have changed."

"What happened love?" I looked at him with concern while Jungkook squeezed my hand in comfort.

"My mother has taken ill and my father has been calling me to help him with his companies. He wants to spend more time with her. I need to leave baby. I need to go back to Busan."

Present Day

As I sat in the drawing room and dwelled on that day, my thoughts were interrupted by the doors suddenly being flung open and in walked a very intimidating Mr Kim with Taehyung in tow.

I stood up and bowed low. He just looked at me thoughtfully while a woman pushed a lady in a wheelchair into the room. I bowed to her too, assuming that she was Taehyung's mother.

Taehyung rushed over to my side and spoke clearly, surprising me.

"Father, mother, may I please introduce my boyfriend Kim Seokjin. Jin, these are my parents."

I looked at his forced smile and bowed slowly again.

"He's very handsome Taehyung. I declare, I haven't seen anyone more beautiful than he. I must say, I am surprised," Taehyung's father looked at me curiously.

"T-thank you Mr Kim."

"Come, let us move to the dining hall. We have much to discuss."

I exchanged a worried look with my boyfriend and followed them out of the room. I was grateful for Taehyung's hand in mine. He squeezed it gently and placed a small kiss on my cheek when his parents were not looking. I smiled softly and walked with him, hand in hand to the hall.

.....................

************************************

So I promised you all an update and here it is according to your votes.

I just want to say that I will be off from Wattpad for a few days as I grieve for my cousin who passed away from the Corona Virus over the weekend. Thank you to everyone who sent me messages of condolences through dms and my board. I appreciate you all and I love you. Please stay safe everyone 😟😟😟

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙