10 - Regrets

Seokjin's POV

"That's the fourth bouquet you've received since this morning. Is there something I should know about?" Namjoon asks me. I just smile shyly.

"I'm sorry sir, it's just my boyfriend. He's very happy to be with me I guess," I inhale the scent of the ambrosia.

"Are they all from one guy?" He asks, playing with the soft petals.

I stop short. "Well, I'm assuming they are. I didn't check the cards after the second one."

I wake up and check the first two cards. Both are from Jungkook but the third and fourth ones are from Taehyung. My eyes go wide. I wasn't expecting that. I mean, he has sent me flowers before but I didn't know these were from him.

I make my way to the back of the office floor; Taehyung is busy on his computer. He looks up in surprise when he spots me at his desk.

"Hi Jin. Urm, is there something I can do for you?" He says, getting up and looking flustered.

"I wanted to thank you for the beautiful flowers, Taehyung. You didn't have to get them. I mean, I-I'm flattered that you thought of me." I look away shyly.

"I'm glad you liked them. I want you to be surrounded by beauty all the time. Someone as beautiful as you Seokjin, deserves only the best," he says, leaning in to lock his gaze with mine.

Taehyung is very sexy and he knows it. I find myself to be extremely flustered in his presence.

"Can I take you out to dinner tonight?" He says, running a long finger down my cheek. I lower my gaze, butterflies invading my tummy.

"Urm. .... okay. But I need to check with Jungkook first, if that's okay with you? We're sort of dating and I don't want there to be any conflict."

"It's okay. I understand Jinnie." His voice is low and seductive.

"I'll text you and let you know," I say, making my way back to my desk. 

.....

"Jungkook?"

"Yes my love? What's up?" Jungkook looks up from his frappé.

We're sitting in the office cafeteria, on a coffee break. I nurse my latté and look at him nervously.

"Taehyung has asked me out to dinner."

"....And you want to know if it's okay to go with him?" He smiles at me.

"Y-yes...." I look at him through lowered lashes.

He laughs quietly but it's without mirth. "You know Jinnie, when Taehyung and I realised we were both in love with you, we made a pact. It's kind of silly now that we're older, but we stuck to it." He looks at me in earnest. "We resolved to share our love for you and not let anyone come between us and our love. Do you know why no one ever asked you out in school or college?"

I know why...well, I always suspected it was because of the two idiots.

"It's because we never allowed anyone to get close to you. If someone new joined our class, they were warned in advance. Actually, we threatened them. Everyone knew to steer clear of you." He scoffs at a memory I'm sure he's recalling.

"But you did me a disservice Jungkook. You never allowed me to have any friends. You took away my power of choice. That was very wrong of you both."

I'm angry now. They had no right!

"I know Jinnie. Believe me, I regret it so much. It took me very long to realise how wrong I've been and I know, no amount of apologies can make up for what I did. That is why, I don't want to step in your way anymore. I know you feel because we are dating, it's wrong to go out with Taehyung. I want to put your mind at ease. You can decide whatever you want without me being a barrier in your life anymore. I promise I won't hold you back. And I'm so ashamed of myself that I did it in the past. Will you ever find it in your heart, to forgive me?"

He was close to tears now. I could see it in the way he gulped on his last words. I did not doubt his sincerity anymore. But, as much as I wanted to throw caution to the winds and throw myself into his arms, I didn't. I had to make these decisions for myself or I would never be free from their grip on my life.

"I'm going to go out with Taehyung tonight. I made a promise to the two of you and I'm going to keep my word. If, at the end of the month, I decide to not see the both of you, I will date whoever I want and I will make friends and you will not interfere in my life decisions again!"

I walked away from him then, as much as it pained me. In these few days, he has become very important to me. I can see his heart is pure. His intentions might have been misguided but I know they weren't malicious.

I walk to the door and stop when I see Jimin; he's shaking his head at me.

"What's wrong Minie?"

He inclines his head in Jungkook's direction and I see him slumped over the table, his body heaving slightly. Is he crying?

I turn to go to him but Jimin stops me.

"Don't. Let him stew in it. He needs to know you're serious. Take a stand for yourself Jin. You need this. You need to get your freedom back."

He's right though. I harden my heart and leave the caf to go find the other idiot. He's at his workstation, placing files in his out tray.

"Taehyung, can I speak with you please?"

He looks up, startled that I'm here again.

"Sure, go ahead Jin."

I bite my bottom lip and the action doesn't go unnoticed by him. His breath hitches and I look away, embarrassed. His desire is clearly written on his face. I know he wants me.

"I've decided to go out with you tonight. I'll be ready at 7. Will you pick me up?"

"Y-yeah, sure. Urm, Jin, is everything alright? You seem upset about something."

He's very perceptive. "Let's talk about it at dinner tonight."

"Okay, as you wish. Please text me your address."

"I will." I walk back to my desk where I encounter Namjoon, who I'm sure, has been watching me the whole time I was talking to Taehyung.

"The files for the meeting tomorrow have been prepared Sir. Is it okay if I take my leave now?"

"Thank you for your competence Seokjin. I know I made the right decision in considering your promotion."

"Just doing my job Sir," I don't need Namjoon's interference now.

"You may leave Seokjin. And thank you again."

I text Taehyung my address before packing my things and making my way back home. As I ride the subway, I get a text from Taehyung telling me to dress formerly. I raise my eyebrows at that but shrug it off. I wonder what he has planned....

************************************

When did this damn ff become so angsty?

Dang it! I'm sorry I had to do it for the story to progress.

Any thoughts on what Taehyung has planned for his date? 😉😉

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙