7 - Attempts

Seokjin sat at his desk inhaling the scent of the blood red roses; a gift from Taehyung. They had arrived this morning as he made his way into work. He loved roses, any colour, as long as they smelt this good. Someone cleared their throat behind him and Jin was momentarily pulled out of his haze.

"Well, I see someone is trying really hard. From the expression on your face, it would seem that it's working," Jimin smirked, winking at Jin.

Seokjin smiled sweetly. "It's all thanks to you and your idea Minie. I think I will finally tame the two idiots this way," Jin mused.

Jimin had realised early on that day what the two idiots had up their sleeves. A simple phone call to the hotel had confirmed that they had checked in. All Jin had to do was pre book another room and go ahead with the plans they had set in place. He knew they had bribed the receptionist to give Jin a key card to the very same room they were in. All they needed was for Jin to pretend and some leverage against them was easily obtainable.

He had placed the order for room service at the reception with the things he needed to carry out his plan; namely, the cream. He had then proceeded to smear the whipped cream on the two idiots' chests and wrote out the words 'Jin's Bitch 1' and 'Jin's Bitch 2', in it. He'd clicked the photos and then left the room to spend the night as he had originally planned.

He had known that the chairman would call a meeting after he threatened to resign. It was his way of getting the two idiots nervous. He used the pictures as leverage to get them to back off but they had come to a compromise. Jin was now ready to be properly wooed by them and if they so much as placed one finger on his ass, he was ready to print the pictures and distribute them to the office staff just to embarrass the two idiots.

Jin wasn't a malicious person. In fact, he had a very kind and sympathetic heart but the two idiots always managed to bring out the worst in him. If they were really sincere in their passion for him, he was willing to give them a decent try at winning his heart.

Jin had always wanted to fall in love. You know, that heady mix of desire and passion that evokes in you when you realise you both just click. He had never felt like that about anyone as yet. He was hoping that he would be amongst the lucky few who actually met and fell in love with their soulmate.

But all he's ever known, has been the two idiots. No one else has paid much mind to him. He suspected that the two idiots had much to do with that since, no one other than them had actually ever professed their love for him.

Since they had decided to at least try, albeit through blackmail, Jin was also prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Before the end of the day, Jin found a small package with a single white  mugunghwa rose, sitting on his desk. It was a dark purple box with a white ribbon tied over it. Jin loved surprises, but only the good kind.

He pulled the ribbon apart and revealed an opalescent tennis bracelet within

He pulled the ribbon apart and revealed an opalescent tennis bracelet within. His breath hitched as he read the attached note;

This reminded me of you. You both sparkle just as brightly even on a dull day in January.