8 - The New Guy

Seokjin's POV

"Excuse me Seokjin, could you please join me in my office?" Namjoon poked his head into my cubicle.

"Sure thing boss." I made my way tentatively exchanging a worried frown with Jimin, who just shrugged his shoulders. Why was the new guy asking me to join him in his office? Did I do something wrong?

I was a bundle of nerves by the time I ended up tapping on his door quietly.

"Come in Seokjin and please close the door behind you."

I did as he asked and waited to be seated.

"Please take a seat," he said, indicating one in front of his vast desk.

I sat down and waited for him to begin. I had no idea why he called me in here.

"You must be wondering why I called you in here," he began and I raised my eyebrows at his words copying my thoughts. "I won't beat around the bush, I've been going over everyone's performance charts and I find that you're the most capable amongst your collegues. I'd like for you to assist me with upcoming projects. I want to create a niche for a Junior in Advertising and Marketing and I find you to be most eligible for this position. What do say, can I count on you?"

I'm stunned at his words. I've only been in the company for a short time but he's already offering me an almost promotion. I smile widely and accept the position. I'd be stupid not to. He reciprocates my contentment and we engage in small talk about upcoming projects.

"Seokjin, is it okay if I ask you out to dinner tonight? I'd like to familiarise myself with you since we'll be working quite closely henceforth."

I'm visibly flustered. Namjoon is very good looking and his twinkling eyes and deep dimples are very distracting. But this is work related and I am a professional always.

"I'd be happy to join you Mr Kim."

He smiles widely. "Please call me Namjoon. Let's not be so formal with each other."

I find I like his easy going yet professional manner. "And you please call me Jin."

He smiles even wider at that. Gosh! He's so cute.

Just then the door bursts open and the two idiots fall over each other into Namjoon's office. They land in a crumpled mess of limbs and I hold myself from laughing out loudly. I'm sure they were both listening at the door. I roll my eyes slowly. Will they ever change?

"Gosh! Are you guys okay?" Namjoon goes to help them up. They're visibly embarrassed at being caught out but Namjoon doesn't seem to notice. I know them well enough to know what they were upto.

When they stand and straighten their clothes, I give them both a piercing look of disapproval. The two idiots look away sheepishly.

"Is there something you guys wanted?" Namjoon asks them.

I'd also like to hear their stupid fake reasons for being here. I fold my arms and wait for them to speak.

"Actually, we wanted to know about the upcoming projects and if there would be a meeting to discuss them," Taehyung speaks. He can think on his toes, I'll give him that.

"Oh right. I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me guys. Jin will bring you all up to speed after we've had an internal meeting."

"Jin?" Jungkook asks, surprise evident on his face.

"Yes. He's my new assistant. I just promoted him."

I smirk as I see both shock and admiration register on the two idiots faces.

"Congratulations Jin." The two idiots say in unison.

"Thank you, Taehyung, Jungkook."

There's an awkward pregnant pause, which Namjoon thankfully doesn't notice.

"Jin, I'll need you to move your things to the desk outside please. Can I solicit the two of you to help Jin with that?" He looks at the two idiots who beam gladly, happy to be anywhere near me. I roll my eyes at their idiocy.

We exit Namjoon's office and they immediately round on me.

"Don't forget our deal Jin. You can't date anyone else during this month besides us," Taehyung reminds me.

I scoff at their glares and obvious jealousy at Namjoon. "I can do what I want boys. I only agreed to give the two of you a reasonable chance and I'm doing that. But nowhere did I agree not to date anyone else. Besides, I'm not dating Namjoon. He's just my boss."

Jungkook leans in seductively close. "Did you enjoy our date Jinnie?" He whispers softly and I notice Taehyung move away subtly. Do the two idiots have another agreement between them? I wonder...

"I did Jungkook. You know I did. But I'm going to have to cancel our new plans for tonight as the boss wants to take me to dinner. We have work to discuss." I hold up my hand when I notice he's about to protest. "It's just work related. I promised you both I'd give you a fair chance and I won't back out from that. Besides, I kind of like you Kookie," I smile sweetly at him. He beams from ear to ear.

"Oh my God Jinnie! You're so cute. Please can I see you after your completely work related dinner? Please." He looks so cute, I can't refuse him.

"O-okay. But only for a little while. I'll text you when I'm done then you can pick me up. Besides, I don't think it will be a long dinner."

He places a small kiss on my cheek and I blush, checking that no one in the office saw us.

"Now go get my stuff! Didn't you hear, I'm the boss' new assistant?" I pull up my collar haughtilly and he laughs softly.

"Right on it babe," he winks and disappears down to my cubicle.

I watch as Taehyung approaches me from the side, no doubt he's seen and heard our exchange.

"So, everything good with Kook?"

I know he's worried I'll choose Jungkook. I can see his mind clearly as though he's projecting it on a white board.

"Everything's okay. When will you be asking me out then?" I surprise him with my question. His eyes go wide at that and he becomes slightly flustered. Something that I don't usually experience with Taehyung.

"I guess I'll work on my approach and surprise you soon enough."

He's really very sexy but still an idiot. I roll my eyes at him and walk back to get my things from my table and tell Jimin my good news. He's sad that I won't be next to him anymore but happy for my promotion. I agree to grab coffee with him later so we can talk.

"Jinnie, can you join me in the copy room for a minute?" Jungkook surprises me with the request. I knit my eyebrows and follow him anyway.

When I get there, he turns around and crashes his lips against mine in a sensuous and mind blowing kiss. I surprise myself by responding equally to his need and want. His hands roam all over my body and work into my hair as his tongue sucks on mine. He pulls away slightly, our breathing heavy, and looks at me with lust in his eyes.

"I want you Jin."

I seal his lips with a kiss.

************************************

' It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes....' 🔥

I like that song...sue me! 😉😉

Jinkook! Wowser! 

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙