The War Ends: The Super Sons

"JON!" Damian yelled as he tried to run for him, he extended his hand, desperately trying to reach his boyfriend in time. Jon simply smiled at him, his pained eyes still glimmering with hope and love for his boyfriend. Damian... was so close, but yet so far. The omega beam reached Jon, due to the kryptonite, his invulnerability was affected as it started to burn his body.

"RAAAAGH!" Jon yelled in extreme agony, as the omega beam burned his body. Robin looked in total shock as he was stopped in his tracks, forced to look at his boyfriend's demise.

"NO!!" Robin and Superman yelled in unison. Superboy finally stopped yelling as he fell to the floor. Robin immediately knelt down and grabbed him.

"Jon?" Damian whimpered. "Jon, hold on!" he begged shaking his boyfriend. Jon shivered, as he breathed shakily. His breaths became shallow as he felt life slowly slipping away.

"I-I..." Jon struggled to form words as he looked at his whole world. "lo-love... you..." He breathed out as he closed his eyes. Superman looked to see that Jon's heartbeat ceased. He was overcome with extreme agony as he growled. Darkseid grabbed Superman by the neck as he lifted him off the ground. Blood began to run down from his nose as he was filled with ruthless rage.

"You... Yo-you're..." Superman growled as his eyes slowly turned a fiery red. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" He roared as he hit Darkseid with his laser vision on his eye, causing him to let go of him. Darkseid stumbled to the ground as the Man of Steel towered over him. Superman then started to pummel Darkseid, his punches could be felt through out the city. His rage overwhelmed him as he threw Darkseid upwards and flew after him. Back on the ground Robin sobbed, cradling his boyfriend's body. Nightmare and Nightwing, who were fighting nearby Parademons to cover them both, ran to him.

"No..." Nightmare quietly said to himself as he saw Superboy's burnt corpse. "Shit!" he yelled out. Nightwing covered his mouth, in shock. Nightmare looked around to see the battle, they needed cover. "Damian." He walked to him. "We need to take him to cover." Robin looked up at him, tears soaked his mask. Robin bit his lip as he nodded. He proceeded to pick him up, carrying him. Nightmare tried to stay strong as he looked somewhere. "There... go." He pointed to a nearby nearly destroyed building, away from the battle. They ran towards it. Robin ran in first, it was a cafe. It was abandoned, everyone had ran away when the battle started. He laid Jon's body on the cold hard ground as he removed his mask and held his body. He kept crying to himself as both Nightmare and Nightwing ran in. They stood back a distance from Damian, giving him time. Dick took his mask off temporarily, as he wiped tears off his eyes. Jack also took his mask off. He looked at his hand before shutting it close. 

"Jon... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..." Damian whimpered as he held his head close, giving him a kiss to his burnt cheek. I look around... there's nothing but flame and dust. Everything's on fire, destroyed and in pieces. Everyone's fighting for you... Why did you do it? Why? It should have been me. I promised I'd protect you. So you didn't have to protect me... Your body's already cold to the touch. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I couldn't protect you. Please... show me something, a sign. anything. Open your eyes... please open your eyes. Move your hands, move something PLEASE!

Please... don't leave me... don't leave me... Damian quietly thought to himself as he was overcome by grief.

Jack approached Dick who sat in a corner to himself. "Dick." He said as he sat next to him. 

"Ye-yeah?" Dick asked as he wiped his tears away.

"When I say... I need you to hold on to Damian..." Jack lowered his head. "I need you to hold him back."

"Wha-why?" Dick asked. Jack raised his head and gave Dick a look. Dick's eyes widened as he realized, saying... "No. Not you too..."

"I can bring him back." Jack simply replied. "I can't let him die."