The Battle Ends: Justice For all

"I'm sorry, Jon ." Bruce said, his voice sad. He place his hand on his shoulder. "There's no heartbeat... on either of them..." Bruce was defeated. 

"He Sacrificed his life... for nothing..." Jon said, anguish filled his voice. He picked up Jack and put him on another stretcher next to Damian. 

"We can't let what happened to both of them be in vain." Bruce said as he stood up. He reached for his comm link. "Everyone, head back to the cave. I know it's hard. But we have to be strong." Bruce sadly talked into his comm link. Everyone heard it. Dick and the rest were outside, mourning the loss of both Jack and Damian. All of them were sitting on a bench outside. 

"Master Dick, Master Tim, Master Jason." Alfred stood up. "I do think it's time to return to the cave. You have a mission to fulfill."

"I know Al." Dick replied, wiping tears off his eyes. "Let's go." Dick said looking at both Tim and Jason. Both of them nodded and stood up, they started to follow Alfred as they slowly walked to the cave. 

Back at the cave, Bruce and Jon walked to the computer, desperately looking for answers as to the whereabouts of the injustice league's base. Over at the medical bay, a faint ball of energy escaped from Jack's chest. The ball lifted from his chest then landed on Damian's. Damian's chest absorbed it.

"Where could they be?" Jon demanded an answer, both were too focused on the computer. 

"I... do not know...." Bruce said, still tracking the sword, still in Talia's possession. Both Bruce and Jon heard a faint voice coming from the medical bay. They turned around and looked at the medical bay.

"Jon... father..." the voice mumbled. Both Bruce and Jon's eyes widened. Jon ran up to the voice. he then stood beside Damian's bed.

"Da-Dami?" Jon's eye started to swell, tears of relief started to flow down his face as his wish had finally come true. Damian opened his eyes, his emerald eyes made contact with Jon's.

"J-Jon... belove- oof..." Damian was interrupted, Jon quickly hugged him. Damian sat up, he ruffled his boyfriend's hair and picked his head up. "Wh-what happened?"

"Dami... oh Dami..." Jon cried, he got up and wrapped Damian in a warm, tight embrace. "I thought I lost you..." He began to sob louder, Damian hugged him back.

"Beloved..." Damian said softly, as he tightly embraced him. "Father... why are we here?" he asked his father.

"What do you remember?" He asked him.

"I remember..." Damian began." We were captured... Mother... she tortured me... asked for the location of the pits. I told her they were all destroyed. She didn't believe me... she... beat me... she used me to get through to Jon, pointed a gun to my head....then I woke up here..." he concluded. "What happened?" he asked.

"Sh-She killed you... Dami..." Jon sobbed. "I'm sorry... I couldn't save you... Dami..." He sobbed and whimpered. Damian saw his boyfriend's immense sadness.

"Shhh... I'm here now beloved... I love you and I'm here..." Damian whispered, kissing Jon's cheek, Jon didn't let go. "How did you get me back?" He asked his father. 

"At a great cost...." Bruce stepped out of the way. Damian looked in shock, as he saw Jack's bloody body on the stretcher. 

"No... what did he do..." Damian's voice trailed off, He let go of Jon. Jon stood up and looked at Jack's body, sadness filled him.

"He did the Life transfer... he exchanged his life, for yours..." Bruce informed his son.

"No..." Damian began. "Why me? Wh-" Damian was interrupted by a huge gasp coming from Dick.