The War Continues: Saving Jon

The Batwing flew towards Metropolis, that was currently like a ghost town since the beginning of the invasion. Wonder Woman and her team have been fighting Parademons after being called. The Batwing arrived, flying above the main Lex corp building. The ramp door opened, and Batman readied himself to jump.

"Let's go." Batman simply said. "No time to waste." He jumped. Superman followed behind, as well as Robin, Nightwing and Nightmare. They landed right in front of Lex corp.

"Where is everyone?" Nightwing asked. "This place is like a ghost town now."

"Parademons attacked here recently." Wonder woman replied as she landed. "We quickly evacuated this section of Metropolis in the last hour. Konner and the others are doing the rest." She said.

"We need to go..." Robin said, determined to find his beloved. Nightwing and Nightmare nodded as they started to head into Lex corp. As they moved forward, a sudden blast blew the front doors of the building, knocking all three of them back. From the smoke emerged...

"Luthor..." Superman growled. Batman and Wonder Woman readied themselves.

"Glad you could make it Superman..." Luthor extended his arm, aiming at him. "Welcome... the end of the world comes... And I get to live to tell the tale." He bragged.

"Darkseid will only betray you in the end..." Superman replied, clenching his fist. A sudden Boom tube appeared down the street. Darkseid and an army of Parademons emerged from the boom tube. Kalibak and Grail emerged with him as they hovered to the ground.

"Hello Kal-el." Darkseid smirked his hands were behind his back. Superman's went bright red from his fury. Batman pressed his ear.

"Everyone. Report." He said.

"There are still 8 left in the planet." Flash replied. "We're about to head to the next one."

"Everyone who's completed their mission... Head here to Metropolis... Now." Batman commanded as he ended transmission. Lex flew over to join Darkseid.

"Like our little alliance?" Luthor asked, smirking at Superman. Batman walked over to Robin.

"Robin. Take Nightwing and Nightmare, and get Jon." Batman commanded. all three of them nodded. They started to enter the building when Luthor noticed.

"Kalibak. Get them." He commanded. Kalibak began to run into their direction. The holy trinity of the league readied themselves. Suddenly, a yellow blast hit Kalibak causing him to fly back towards Luthor, Crashing into a nearby van. He groaned in pain as he got up. He looked to see that he was too late and the heroes have entered the building. He growled as he looked to find the source of the blast. 

"Now now..." A voice spoke. "We can't have that now, can't we?" Superman turned around to see...

"Constantine?" Superman asked, surprised. "What are you doing here? I thought you quit the league?"

"Good to see you too Supey." Constantine approached him, a hand reaching down his pocket to take out a cigarette. He then put it in his mouth and lit it by the snap of his fingers.

"How's Zatanna?" Wonder Woman approached him, giving him a quick hug.

"Z's beautiful... as always." Constantine replied. "Now, what do we have, ere?" He looked to see Darkseid. "Oh... Darksy... Nice to see you again..."

"I wish I could say the same thing..." Darkseid replied. "But you'll all be too dead to care..." He said as his eyes turn a fiery red, the omega beam emerged heading towards Constantine. Superman blocked it, getting hit with the beam. Causing him come crashing backwards onto the ground.