The War Begins: Invasion!

Damian hurried towards the batcave, dropping into the Batmobile and frantically drove towards Gotham. Jon... wait for me... He though to himself, I'm this close... please beloved... hold on! He raced through the streets, avoiding incoming traffic as he made his way back.

20 minutes later. The Batcave.

Damian arrived abruptly, surprising Jack. Jack was with Bruce and Dick looking into clues to Jon's whereabouts. The Batmobile stopped and Damian quickly hopped out. He quickly ran to the computer.

"Damian?" Jack said. "Why are you in hurry?" Damian quickly took out the USB and handed it to Jack.

"Scan it for any viruses and plug it in." Damian said. Jack just stood there, frozen. "Hurry!" he yelled out, Jack swung immediately into action. He plugged it into the computer and found no viruses or malware in the USB. 

"Damian what is this about?" Bruce asked him. "Where did you get this?"

"Mother." Damian simply replied.

"Talia?" Bruce asked. "Damian, you know we can't trus-" He was interrupted as footage started playing. It was Talia.

"Damian." Talia began, her voice echoing through the cave. "I know... you may think, that I may have ruined your life... I know you may hate me right to your core, but I only did the things I did to make you into the perfect person... There are things that I thought were necessary that I'm not proud of... And I'll be honest there many things I regret doing to you... But I'm sure your father and I would agree that... You are the best thing that we have created in this horrible world." 

"Mother..." Damian said, softly. Bruce stood beside his son and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"This USB stick contains information on your beloved's whereabouts and their plans... I hope you can use this to your advantage." Talia continued. "Bruce. My beloved." She said. Bruce looked to the screen. "I've always thought that you had made our son soft and vulnerable... I only see now that you indeed have made him better... You have taught our son something I could never teach him... Being human... And I am forever grateful. By now, when you watch this, I am most likely have been discovered by Luthor and..." Talia struggled to continue. "Killed." She said, both Damian and Bruce's eyes shot open.

"No..." Damian said quietly.

"I have always wished, to have you both by my side... as a family, nothing more... But my father always prevented that from happening... Manipulated me to do things that were beyond my control." Talia explained. "Please always know that I love you both... forever. And please, if you want to remember me, please only do one thing... that's all... one thing." She paused before continuing her final words. "Have a good life... do that for me beloved... Have a normal, good life... Goodbye... Damian... Bruce..." She finally concluded as the footage disappeared and revealed the files that they desperately needed. Bruce... was silent, as well as his son. Damian clenched his fists, and tried to fight his tears. Bruce, quickly hugged his son, because despite all of their arguments, their fights, their attempts at killing each other... Talia was Damian's mother, and Bruce's beloved. Beyond the league of Assassins, Talia only wanted to be with Bruce and Damian, but Ra's would only drive them both apart. They both had the same goal of 'saving' the world, but took different paths. Bruce took the path of 'Justice' as his work as Batman, while Talia took the path of Vengeance, because of her father. Damian always struggled with what path to follow, but with Bruce's guidance and Jon's love, he found the right one. Bruce shared a heartfelt hug with his son. Jack and Dick looked on, their faces were grim, empathizing with both of them. Jack then looked into the files. 

"He's in Metropolis." Jack said. Damian pulled away from the hug as he sniffled and wiped his tears. He approached Jack who was on the computer. "Lex corp. Basement level 45."