Learning to Love

The Next Morning.

Damian woke up feeling weight rising off from his chest after his one on one talk with Jack. He knew what he had to do, he had to talk to Jon. He had to tell him that he can't have the perfect boy, sweet innocent Jon. I love him... so much... it hurts.... he thought. He wanted to spare Jon from the pain that he felt. He had to text Jon if they were still going on patrol.

"Kent. do you want to go in an impromptu patrol tonight?" Damian texted Jon. Jon took a while to respond as he didn't know what to say.

"I am, if you are." Jon texted back.

"Good. Patrol's on for tonight. We need to talk." Damian replied. The words "We need to talk" made Jon tremble with fear. Oh no... he's going to push me away... Jon thought. Damian is no stranger to pushing people away when they get too close; when they see peeks of the boy behind the mask. I can't let him do it... Jon thought. The boy of steel then spent the rest of the day thinking what to say...

Back in Wayne Manor, after texting with Jon, Damian got up to do his daily routine exercise to stretch his muscles, ALL of his muscles. Damian looked at his clock, it was 9:00 in the morning, so he decides to take a morning shower. Damian always liked showering, it cleans off his negative thoughts, it's a rare opportunity for him to be free of everything. Just after changing his clothes, Damian heard a knock on the door. A muffled voice spoke with Damian.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Dami? You there?" the voice said.

"What do you want? Grayson." Damian replied, his voice was empty, lacking emotion.

"Hey-y, you okay?" The elder brother said, as he entered his younger brother's room.

"TT. Fine. What do you want?" Damian grumbled, annoyed at his brother.

"Damian... are you okay? like for real? You know you can tell me anything right..." Dick asked, placing his hand on Damian's shoulder, concern in his voice.

"I said I'm fine!" Damian replied, smacking Dick's hand away.

"Dami.... Jack told me..."

"Of course he did." Damian scoffed, looking away.

"He was worried. Very worried... you know him. He sees you and Jon as his own brothers, you know that right? he's worried about his brothers."

"I know..." Damian whispered, lowering his head.

"And he's right."

"I know."

"Well... I can't handle seeing my little brother all sad like this. So... I have a solution." Dick said raising his hand. Damian looking up at his older brother confused...

"What?" Damian asked.

"To get your mind off this, I want to take you to the Gotham Amusement Park. What do you say?" Dick proposed a mildly effective solution.

"I'm not a kid anymore, thus an amusement park does not amuse me..." Damian said, coldly.

"Please? Please? come on... I want to spend some bonding time with my favorite brother..." Dick begged.

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"It'll be fun... We can go to your favorite ice cream shop on the way and back."

Damian who finally had enough, gave in. "TT. Fine."

"They have new rides! it'll be so much fun." Dick said excitedly.