Final Arc Prologue: An Unlikely Alliance

Apokolip's Throne Room. A day after Jack was rescued.

"Luthor?" Darkseid raised a brow. "How did you get here?"

"Let's just say I've got resources..." Luthor replied. "Now, we have a mutual enemy, we can work together you and I." he proposed.

"Why should work with an inferior species such as you?" Darkseid asked, readying his omega beam.

"Because, Lord Darkseid..." Luthor approached him. "I know Superman more than anyone... We've been at this for a long time an-"

"You always lose." Darkseid interrupted him.

"I lose because of his friends, the Justice League." Luthor explained. "I have a league of my own... with your gracious help, we can eliminate the League and you, can take the world. Of course, guaranteeing my safety when you take it..."

"That's it?" Darkseid asked. "I can take the world if I wanted to..." 

"You have... attempted." Luthor corrected him. 

"You dare?!" Darkseid's fuelled rage was showed in his eyes as it glowed bright red.

"My Lord, my Lord... If we work together, we can eliminate the league and have our revenge on Superman..." Luthor tried to calm him down.

"I am considering..." Darkseid finally said.

"I've also got a league of my own..." Luthor said. "I only need your gracious support..."

"Such as?" Darkseid asked.

"Technology... Weapons... anything that we could use to cripple the league. One member at a time..." Luthor said. "I assume you also have a plan of your own of conquering the planet?"

"Yes." Darkseid confirmed.

"If my league can cripple the heroes, you can execute your plan without flaws..." Luthor proposed. "Then you can have the planet... in one condition..."

"What is your request?" The godly being asked.

"Survival..." Luthor replied. "My league and I's guaranteed safety..."

"I am considering..." Darkseid though to himself for a moment. "I agree to this 'alliance'." 

"Thank you my liege." Luthor once again bowed.

"What do you need?" Darkseid asked.

"Apokoliptan technology... I will construct my plans and we will pick the league apart. one. by. one." He replied.

"Consider it done." Darkseid said. "Desaad." He commanded Desaad. He quickly handed Luthor something.

"What is this?" Luthor asked.

"Boom tube device." Darkseid smirked. "For your troubles... more will come... at your request." He said before turning back around heading for his throne. He sat on his throne once again. "That'll be all."

"Thank you. Lord Darkseid." Luthor thanked him as he opened a boom tube. He was familiar with the technology. 

"I expect results Luthor." Darkseid warned him. "If I don't get what I want... It will be your head."

"I will deliver, My lord." Luthor replied as he walked through.

The New Injustice League Headquarters, Somewhere on Earth.

Luthor stepped through the boom tube and found himself back on Earth. He gathered his league at their own long table. Every major villain in his league gathered. Luthor sat on the end of the table.

"So..." Grodd spoke up from the other end of the table. "Luthor... Have did your negotiations go?"

"Better than I expected..." Luthor replied. "We have his support." Everyone cheered as if they've already won the incoming war. "But we will need time..."

"How so?" Grodd asked.

"I have a plan, to eliminate the Justice League. One member at a time..." Luthor explained. "But we will need preparations..."

"What do you have in mind?" Grodd asked.

"Darkseid will be our biggest weapon." Luthor explained. "But we need to gain his trust."

"How do we do that?" Grodd asked, everybody else murmured to themselves discussing the topic.

"He's ultimate goal is to get revenge on the boy scout, Superman..." Luthor replied. Silence filled the room. They thought about how impossible this mission might be.

"How do we do that? No one here can defeat the Man of Steel..." Grodd said.

"Eh-hem..." Metallo cleared his throat, Grodd looked at him.

"You haven't killed, yet alone truly defeat him..." Grodd said.

"Metallo... I have a target for you..." Luthor looked at the Kryptonite powered being.

"Who?" Metallo asked. 

"If we could capture him... Darkseid could reward us... gain his trust..." Luthor said. "And I've got some personal issues with him and his partner as well..."

"Who's the target?" Metallo asked once again.

"Superman's son." Luthor simply replied. "Superboy."

A/N: Hey Guys! Sorry for this short Chapter... It's just the prologue after all. We're finally heading into the final Arc of 'More Than Words'! I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. The final arc for this story will be named 'Fallout'. I might take a couple days break before releasing the first chapter of the final arc. Thanks guys for reading! :D

-TheWriterForTheGreen