Prepare for Battle

It's been a month since the battle of Gotham General, Batman's suspicions were confirmed as they added, Bane and the villains that they battled on the list of active members of the 'injustice' league. They are still unsure if any other villains have joined their own crusade of wreaking havoc on the world. Jon and Damian has been together for a month, going on patrol at night followed by a 'feel good' session. Jon has been staying in the manor for the month, patrolling at night, sleeping over, then going home in the morning. Bruce requested as it is important that crucial members of his team is present when very crucial intel is finally ready. Both boys are impatient with Dick and the heroes at mount Justice's progress of locating ever Lazarus pits in the world. Darkness loomed over Gotham as both Robin and Superboy patrol the streets of Metropolis this time. Both planned on staying in the Kent residence for tonight. Usually, they would only patrol Gotham, but since Gotham has been unusually quiet for the month, they decided to patrol Metropolis, since an attack occurred by Star Labs 2 weeks ago, where Jack worked.

"Dami..." Jon called to his boyfriend.

"Hmm?" Damian replied, still looking out on the city.

"Are you worried?" Jon asked, putting his hands on his pockets.

"About what?"

"Taking on the pits."

"Why would I? are you?"

"A bit." Jon replied, walking over to his boyfriend.

"About what?" Robin asked, carefully scanning the streets of the city.

"You." Jon replied, as he hugged his man.

"TT. We're on patrol Jon... save it for later." Robin said, pushing Jon away. "You don't have to worry beloved, this is what I was trained for."

"Yeah... I guess." Jon mumbled, lowering his head.

Half an hour went by, silence filled the streets at midnight as people rested from the day. Both Superboy and Robin silently looking over the city as their silent guardians, The boy of steel and the boy wonder. The boys were ready to call it a night, when they heard an explosion in the Distance.

"Wha-" Jon, said as he looked over the distance, to find smoke began to roar into the night sky. "Dami... is it what I think it is?" Pointing at the smoke in the distance.

"Star labs..." Damian replied as he shot his grapple in the air. "We can't waste time Kent."

Both boys hurried towards the smoke, to find that it was what they feared, The roof of Star labs had exploded, leaving a big hole in the building. Police cars and fire trucks parked by the entrance with officers helping what looked like employees, who were already waiting outside, unscathed. Both boys landed in the building, in search of survivors. Superboy used super breath to clear out the flames, when some of the flames were cleared out, they found someone underneath the rubble, unconscious or worse.

"Robin!" Superboy called out. "I found someone." he said as he flew over to the rubble. He grabbed then flipped the cement slab that covered the person, who was on his stomach. Jon heard the person's faint heartbeat. Heartbeat... good. He said to himself. Jon flipped the person, in hopes of identifying them.

"J-" Jon gasped in horror. "JACK!"

"What?!" Damian called out, running over to Jon.

"no no no no no no." Jon said, as he looked at his best friend's wounded face, blood running from on top of his left eye down, his torso also bleeding. "Jack..."

"Jack!" Damian screamed in horror as he recognized the face. Both boys knelt down to check whether he can wake up or not. "Jack?! Can you here me? Answer me damn it!" Damian demanded for him to open his eyes, to no avail.