War is Coming

The Future: 7 Months Later. Damian's P.O.V

I look around... there's nothing but flame and dust. Everything's on fire, destroyed and in pieces. Everyone's fighting for you... Why did you do it? Why? It should have been me. I promised I'd protect you. So you didn't have to protect me... Your body's already cold to the touch. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I couldn't protect you. Please... show me something, a sign. anything. Open your eyes... please open your eyes. Move your hands, move something PLEASE!

Please... don't leave me... don't leave me... 

 Present Time: 2 Weeks after Jon and Damian's Vacation

Jon and Damian both extended their vacation for another week, to both of their desires. Bruce and Lois from the SuperFamily kindly gave their blessings as Jack volunteered to take up patrols for the extra week. Jon and Damian made their way back to Gotham on the private Jet. Since Jack was patrolling tonight, Alfred graciously was the one who picked up the two boys.

Wayne Private Hangar, Gotham International.

The plane landed safely with the two boys in it. Alfred awaited outside of the car in the hangar, as he watched the plane stop and the slow humming noise that it made ceased. The side door opened forming into stairs as it lowered. Damian was the first one to exit the plane.

"Good Evening, Master Damian." Alfred greeted him.

"Good Evening, Alfred." Damian replied. As soon as Damian exited, Jon followed suit.

"Hi Alfred!" Jon greeted gleefully as he went down the stairs.

"Good Evening, Master Kent." Alfred greeted back, smiling. "Let me help you with your bags."

"I've got it. Thanks Alfred." Jon kindly declined Alfred's request, to which he kindly nodded as he entered and started the car. After Jon loaded the bags into the car, Both boys entered the back seats and Alfred started to drive off towards Wayne Manor.

"Might I ask, How was your holiday young Masters?" Alfred asked them.

"Adequate." Damian replied, coldly.

"It was perfect!" Jon proclaimed. "We had the best time, didn't we Dami?"

"Yes." Damian replied, coldly again. He looked at Jon and smiled. "Yes we did."

"And I was with the perfect boy..." Jon leaned in resting his head on Damian's shoulder and closed his eyes as he hummed. "Mmmmnn..."

"I am happy for you both Master Damian." Alfred smiled. His smile reflected through the rear view mirror, making Damian smile back.

"Thank you Alfred." He replied. He looked over to Jon to discover that he'd fallen asleep... again. Damian cradled his cheek for a second before letting him sleep. The car continued to travel through the heart of Gotham. On the one of the roofs, Jack looked on while patrolling happy that his best friends were back.

Wayne Manor, 20 minutes later.

The car finally arrived in front of the Manor. Damian and Jon had fallen asleep in the car as Alfred drove. Alfred pulled the car in front of the Manor.

"We have arrived, young Masters." He announced. Damian slowly opened his eyes, he looked out of the window to see that Dick was waiting by the door. He let out an annoyed groan. Damian shook Jon gently.

"Beloved." Damian said softly. "We're here."

"Mmmmnnn... 5 more minutes mom..." Jon cooed.

"Jon." Damian replied. "Wake up... we're here..." He said, kissing Jon on the cheek. Jon opened his eyes, to Damian's kiss.