Rescue

Robin was struggling against the Superboy's tight grip on his throat. He slowly stopped struggling as he began to lose consciousness. Superman had recovered and saw what his son was doing.

"Superboy!" Superman yelled out. Superboy became distracted as he looked at his father. Robin, with his remaining strength reached into his utility belt and grabbed what looked like a bat stun-gun. He held it in his hands as Superman yelled out to his son. He saw the object in Robin's hand and proceeded to further distract Superboy. "Wanna Fight?" Superman said as he clenched his fist. "Let's fight." he simply said. Superboy complied as he threw Robin, he was sent flying. As Robin flew in the air, he aimed the stun gun at Superboy hoping to aim at the microchip that he saw earlier. He shot the stun-gun as he flew across the room, the prods hit Jon in the back and a current of green electricity traveled from Robin's stun gun to his back. Robin cracked the wall upon impact. Jon... his thoughts faded as he fell to the ground on his stomach. The electricity shocked Jon as he yelled in pain.

"YAARRGH!" Jon yelled in pain. The microchip that was on his neck became overloaded with the shock as it crumbled into pieces, finally destroying it. Jon was finally free from Brainiac's control. He slumped over to the ground, unconscious from the shock. Superman ran to his son, he listened for his heartbeat.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

He heard Jon's heartbeat. It was normal. Superman sighed in relief. He looked over to where Robin was and listened in. 

*Thump*                                       *Thump*

Robin's heartbeat was slow... very slow. This worried Superman as he looked over to Batman, who was busy fighting Brainiac. 

"Batman! We need to end this fight now!" Superman yelled. Batman looked over while fighting Brainiac, he saw Robin and Superboy's physical state.

"I'm busy!" Batman replied. Superman took it as a request for help as he flew over to help Batman with the fight. Brainiac held his own with fighting Batman but when Superman joined he knew he had lost already, and it was too late for an escape, so he kept on fighting. He shot Superman with Kryptonite beams which momentarily slowed him down. Batman swooped in and hit Brainiac with combinations of strikes with his batarang, which continued to weaken the villain. Superman recovered and joined Batman to fight with Brainiac. The world's finest fought together to teach the monstrous villain a valuable lesson as Superman punched Brainiac which sent him flying to one of the screens with the news reports. He hit the screen shattering it and fell to the ground. Batman and Superman towered over him, as he looked up. 

"Stay down, Brainiac." Superman growled. "You're beaten."

"Do you think so, Kal-el?" Brainiac replied as he looked over to Jon, who was unconscious. He realized that Jon was free from his control, he snarled at Superman and Batman. He quickly tried to aim his arm at Batman, Superman used super speed to quickly grab Brainiac's arm and tightened his grip destroying the weapon blaster implanted in his arm. 

"Yeah... I think so..." Superman concluded. 

"Why are you here?!" Batman interrogated him. The rest of the league and heroes entered the room, having defeated the robots in Metropolis. Jon opened his eyes, fully in control of his body again. He looked up to see Batman and Superman interrogating Brainiac. His eyes shifted to the league. He was confused and dizzy. He then averted his gaze to a crack on a wall, and on the floor was an almost lifeless Robin, who hasn't moved since being thrown at great speed as it. Jon's eyes shot open at the realization. 

"Damian!" He yelled out, as he gathered his strength and ran to his boyfriend, who lied on his stomach. "No..." he panicked as he flipped Robin over to see that he still didn't move, he shivered at the thought. He knelt and immediately held him in his arms and started to sob instantly. "No... not again..." He sobbed. He pulled the mask off and saw that Damian was not opening his eyes, let alone show signs of life. "Open your eyes... please... DAMIAN NO!" he yelled out. Batman immediately turned to see that Damian on Jon's arms. He immediately ran to them. He placed his hand on Jon's shoulder to comfort him.