Chapter 52: Almost There

Aynie

Three days already passed and I still haven't decided whether I would want to leave, or still be imprisoned for the rest of my life. Grandmere gave me the "talk" the night Harry told me that a few days from now, Grandmere will step down her throne. The Royal advisers told Grandmere that her health should be of priority that is why she needs to rest. The wedding should happen a few months from now, but due to Grandmere's health, I have to make a decision now.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said.

"Hey baby." I jumped out of bed when I saw my mom enter the room. She looks radiant as ever, even after months of mission work in South Africa.

"Mom!" I screamed and jumped into her arms. She hugged me tightly and kissed me o the forehead.

"Hey baby girl. How are you doing?" She asked as we sat down on my bed.

"Mooooom! I'm confuseeeed!" I said and she chuckled. "It's just I want to have a normal life mom, but I also don't want to upset Grandmere. They trained me and allowed me to go to a normal school, not some School for royalties. I was allowed to have a secret life. Although Grandmere said that it's okay if I want to leave, I know that she will be very disappointed."

"Oh honey. If Grandmere says that it's okay, then just believe that it's okay. But, let me just tell you this. Happiness isn't just getting what YOU want, but it sometimes means giving somebody what they want. Don't you think you would be happy to see Grandmere smiling so wide, standing beside Harry in the Altar? Seeing Grandmere being giddy about what she wants you to wear for your wedding? Or seeing you dad smile while he walks you to your future husband?" I nodded and pondered deeply. "I'm not telling you that you shouldn't be selfish. I mean, it is your life and we support you 100%. But I also don't want to see you regret in the future."

'"I get it mom. And now I know what to do." I told her as she gave me a big hug before leaving. "I love you mom."

"I love you too kiddo"

The day before the Royal Ceremony

Harry

"Grandmere, I don't think there will be a wedding tomorrow. Aynie hasn't come back yet from her parents. And I heard Oliver went back abroad. Maybe she went with him." I told Grandmere as soon as we finished talking about the ceremony. Aynie went home with her parents and she hasn't told me anything. I assumed that she is going to leave, permanently, as she brought most of her things with her. Jake also informed me that Oliver went to Australia and he has a woman with him, which I assumed to be Aynie.

"Harry, if leaving makes Aynie happy, then I am happy." Grandmere said as she held my hand. She linked her arms with mine, as we strolled in the rose garden in the palace, and yes it's the one that I prepared for Aynie. I didn't regret not showing the garden to her, because it wouldn't change a thing. This rose garden is proof on how much she means to me, but I also don't want things to get awkward between us. When I saw how much roses she has gotten from Oliver, I stopped myself from saying, "You can give her a dozen roses a day but I have a rose garden prepared for her". Yeah, I couldn't say that.

"How long has this been here Harry?" Grandmere asked and stopped me from my trance.

"Three years Grandmere"

"So you loved her for three years now." She said and instead of denying it, I nodded.

"Poor child. I'm sorry for this Harry, if only your big brother accepted the throne, maybe you could've been together with Aynie"

"It's not your fault Grandmere. When I first met Aynie, I told myself to never fall in love with her. But, her loving yet strong personality, drove me to the edge. And here I am, sulking because she went away with the man of her dreams."

"Aynie is my ideal grand-daughter-in-law, but, if the time comes that you would find someone else, I will still support you a hundred percent. " Grandmere assured as she rubbed my hand.

"You know what Grandmere, I thank God everyday that you are not the typical movie kind of Queen."

"You-"

"Grandmere! Is it too late to go shopping for a wedding dress?" 

OMG OMG OMG 

SOOOOOO

it has reached this far guys!!!!

The next chap would be the Epilogue already!!!!