Chap 16: Icing

Aynie

2 days after… December 9.

Happy birthday to you…

Happy birthday…

Happy birthday …

Happy birthday to you…

I wake to a very loud birthday song that can be heard throughout the whole palace. No kidding. It’s very loud, obviously playing from the gigantic speakers. I pulled the covers over my head in attempt to block the deafening noise but realized that even earplugs wouldn’t work.

My head is still throbbing from crying. I haven’t stopped crying since 2 days ago. I am a princess, and it hurts how I can’t do anything about the orphanage. Up until now, I don’t know what to do. I think I might man up and ask Grandmere for help. I mean, she’s a very good person… she’ll understand. After reading Mia’s message over again, I don’t think I can really have a good day today.

I pressed the button of my “telephone-sticking-on-my-wall” and connected to Grandmere. After a few rings, she answered.

 "Good morning dear! How was your sleep?" she asked in a very cheerful voice. I could imagine her face, smiling through the phone.

"It was good until someone decided to disrupt it." i said in a monotone, not really caring if I sound too rude. There are 2 things that you shouldn't mess with me:

1. Food

2. Sleep

"HA-HA-HA! Well, it's 8 in the morning and there are a lot of wonderful things ahead of you!"

"You seem more excited than me, Grandmere"

"Ofcourse! One more year and you'll be married and we can introduce you to the whole world!" 

"Yay!" I fake cheered. Another thing you shouldn't mess with me:

3. My marriage with Harry.

“Oh dear. I can see through you. I can hear your sarcasm from the other end of the palace.” She said and I rolled my eyes. “I can see you rolling your eyes too.”

“Sorry Grandmere.”

“No worries! I think we should start planning out your wedding!” I groan.

“Grandmere I need to get changed.”

“Oh okay dear! See you!” she said cheerfully and hung up the phone.

Because it’s my birthday, I could atleast dress nice. I wore a red sweatshirt with a picture of a reindeer (courtesy of Manang Rose as an early birthday present and it’s nearly Christmas), denim shorts, stocking and a red high-top converse. I put my hair into a messy bun which only took me 10 seconds to do (it’s a messy bun).

The moment I opened the door, almost all of the palace’s workers are there, smiling brightly at me. Manang Rose is holding a rainbow cake, with a “20” Candle stuck into the soft delicious cake. She smiled brightly at me and they all sang me a happy birthday.

“aww! Thank you guys!” I told them as I blew the candle and they all erupted into cheers. Manang Rose, being a cheeky lady, stuffed my face directly into the cake which caused more laughter. I fake glared at them, and they looked at me with fear in their eyes. They think I’m angry! Ha!

Just when they’re about to speak, I took some icing from the cake and poked Manang Rose’s cheek with it! Her face softened and I grabbed more icing, placing them on their faces. They all ran away, as I have a hand full of icing. We ran around the palace (thankfully Grandmere isn’t here yet) and without knowing, I bumped into a person, accidentally smothered icing on his face.

Harry.

I expected him to be angry, but instead, he’s laughing so hard that his face (now covered in icing) turned red.

After 7938579845894 years, he stopped laughing and looked at me in the eyes.

“I’m really sorry Aynie.” He said and I looked at him, shocked. Omy food he said sorry!

“It’s okay Harry. I think having icing on your face is enough.” I told him and we both laughed at each other, I think because our faces are caked with icing.

We chased each other around the palace, unaware that Grandmere is watching us, with eyes twinkling happily, with a cheeky and evil plan on her mind.