Chap 14: A first

BE PREPARED.

It’s only 6 in the morning, a time which I should still be asleep and dreaming about my prince, oh wait, I’m already married to one.

Great.

Note the sarcasm.

Anyway, Harry and I are packing our bags after our 3 day “trip” if I could call it. Rina informed us yesterday that our lovely trip ends today. So here we are… packing our bags… as I have already told you about.

Thank goodness to Grandmere, she’s going to send us a private plane to pick us up so we won’t have any trouble bringing Bridget home. I told Grandmere about our little fur ball when she called us this morning. 

We can’t risk having reporters mob us at the airport since someone has leaked to the media that the Prince of England is here. We don’t know how they didn’t know the moment we arrived here.

Hmmm. Well, I thank God for that.

“Are you excited to come with us?!” I asked the pup and she wagged her tail furiously, as if she really understands.

 I heard Harry chuckle beside me and I just threw him a pillow in response.

(Vivian takes over :P)

Things between us are a little… complicated?

I mean we don’t hate each other anymore so that’s a start. I know we’ll never be the perfect couple. Heck, we’ll probably never be a couple. And we’ll never have what Mia and Ray have, which makes me sad but it’s what I’ve got and if there’s one thing life has taught me is to accept what I’ve got and move on.

“Ready?” Harry asks, dragging me out of my reverie.

I just nod.

We head down to the lobby where Mia and Ray are waiting for us with their car, after the normal greetings, the car ride is strangely quiet.

I guess I’m sort of still waking up- and trying to process that I’m leaving this heavenly place.

We reach the airport and we all get out slowly.

It’s time to say goodbye and I can feel tears threatening to spill over. I really don’t want to leave my best friend’s side.

“We’ll see each other again” Mia says to me comfortingly.

Ray and Harry are off to the side, talking earnestly- they seem to have hit it off since last night.

“Of course” I reply.                                                                

And reach over to gently stroke her swollen belly, right then I feel something.

“Oh my god” I gasp “I felt it. I felt it kick”

Mia smiles encouragingly.

“She seems to like you” she says.      

“OH MY GOSH it’s a girl!?! NAME IT AFTER ME!” I screamed/squealed, and quickly covered my mouth to prevent any form of noise coming out.

Mia just laughed and nodded, telling me her due date and their plans after the baby is born.

But I’m not paying her any attention. I feel something- deep down. Like an ache, an empty space.

And I look again at my best friend’s beautiful happy face and am suddenly extremely envious.

“Mia” I whisper, the guys are still busy talking. “You’re very lucky. Don’t ever let Ray go” I say. “He’s a very… lucky man to have you in his life. And you are lucky to have a man who will protect you, love you, and treat you as a treasure.”