Chap 50: Cookie

Aynie

"Prince Harry, Prince Harry!" A loud voice woke me up from my deep sleep- which only happened because I cried a river last night. Curious with Jake shouting at 7 in the morning, I hastily got out of bed and rushed out of the room.

"What happened Jake?" I asked the panting security head as he rushed inside Harry's room. He ignored me, so I followed inside the room. Harry was still sleeping soundly but Jake shook him awake.

"Jake?" He said, and he glanced at me. "Aynie? What happened?"

"That's what I asked Jake but he didn't answer me" I replied.

"I'm sorry your highness." He apologized to me and I smiled in response. "I'm sorry to wake you Harry but something happened to Cookie!"

I have never seen Harry jump out of bed that fast, even if Manang Rose calls him for breakfast with his favourite meal – bacon & hotcakes. Harry slipped on his pants and sweatshirt, and took a glance at the mirror to fix his hair. Before they could bolt out of the room, I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"Harry who's Cookie?" I asked. I never heard of a Cookie before. Not a pet, definitely not a housemaid since I know all of them. We only have Bridget as our pet. Is she a girlfriend of Harry?

But Harry didn't tell me who's Cookie. He just muttered an apology in response. Jake and Harry's hasty footsteps echoed through the corridor. Curious as I am, I grabbed my purse and ran after them. They were just about to leave when I slid in next to Harry in the car.

"What are you doing Aynie? We are not going on a roadtrip!" He seemed angry but I stood my ground.

"I'm going with you. Whoever Cookie is, you might need me for something." I replied. Harry ruffled his hair obviously wanting to protest but he told Jake to start the car.

The drive to wherever Cookie is, is quiet and awkward. Harry would glance at his phone a couple of times every minute, and he would tap his fingers impatiently on the car door.

Whoever this "Cookie" is, she must be so important to Harry. I haven't seen Harry this nervous before except when Grandmere was brought to the hospital.

After a while, we entered a gated place with a huge sign that says "Aynie's Animal Care Foundation"

To say that I am utterly shocked is an understatement. Animal care foundation? I don't remember signing a paper that says I own a foundation. The palace has a couple of foundation in Africa and Southeast Asia where my parents manage. But a Foundation here in the Island? Or maybe this is just a coincidence?

The moment we arrived at the entrance, Harry rushed out of the car like he joined the Olympics. I followed shortly as Jake tailed behind me.

"Jake, tell me what's going on" I asked Jake as we walked hastily.

"I'm sorry your highness, but it is not my place to tell you." He replied and my curiosity about this place grew even more. We finally walked through the end of the hall where Harry was standing. I took time to register where we're at. I glanced around and see doctors pacing around back and forth. Women wearing nurses' uniform with animal prints on them. Portraits of smiling dogs and cats were hung on every corner of the hall.

"Excuse me Ma'am, did you come with Prince Harry?" A staff approached me and snapped me out of my trance.

"Uh-" Before I could answer, Jake approached me.

"Your highness, I believe you need to come with me."

Jake opened a door at the end of the hall. As soon as he did, a breath of fresh air greeted me. It was completely different from the inside of the building. I was in awe with what I saw. Animals were playing happily inside the huge bamboo cages. An elephant was drinking water from the small lake, monkeys were swinging freely, and dogs were playing with each other on the grass.

I can't believe where I'm at. It's like a mini zoo in here but all animals were obviously taken good care of. At the wide bench beside me, a staff was feeding a calf. I could also see a group of sloths swimming on the pond.

"Your highness, this way." Jake snapped me out of my trance again and I followed his lead.

A couple of feet away, we reached a gated garden with a lot of bamboo planted everywhere! Staff and doctors gathered inside the garden, like they are watching something. Jake and I stood beside Harry and when I glanced where he was looking, I am beyond shocked.

A PANDA IS GIVING BIRTH!!

It is my lifelong dream to see an actual, and very much alive panda. And I can't believe that this is happening right this moment- when I'm only wearing PJ's to top that. A vet was assisting the panda as she did her best during her labor. While watching the amazing animal give birth, a realization dawned me.

"Harry, is that panda, Cookie?" Harry looked at me and smiled in response. Unconsciously, grabbed his left hand and intertwined with mine. Even when smiling, I could tell that he was really scared that something bad happened to Cookie, but in the end, she was just giving birth to cute little cuddly pandas. Cookie is giving birth to her second cub at this moment.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a foundation named after me, and you have a panda in your care?"

Harry didn't look at me, and I swear I saw his eyes water. He held my hand tightly, rubbing his thumb on my fingers.

"I'm supposed to bring you here during our honeymoon, after the wedding. Like a wedding gift to surprise you, but... with how things are going right now, and with Oliver in the picture, I assume there will be no wedding- for the two of us." 

A/N I swear I haven't been this sad on chapter that I've written before. We are nearing the end guys hand on tight!