Chapter 48

Aynie

-two months before the wedding-

"Aynie, these are the members of the club that will follow me around for a few weeks. This is Michael Lee, he's the Vice President. Charlie Chu, his girlfriend, and the script writer. Also Frances, Glofael, John, Aries, and Gorge, for the lights and camera.

Instead of a wave or a handshake or a nod, I was looking at 7 dumb folded club members. Oh you know, the typical eyes wide-mouth open scenario.

"Guys, this is Princess Aynie. My wife."

I don't know in which part I am surprised.

When he called me Princess Aynie...

Or when he addressed me as his wife.

I then heard the mic drop on the tiled floor, literally. Like the actual microphone. John, who I presume to be the audio director, accidentally dropped the huge microphone that he was holding. He quietly cursed, but said a short apology to his friends.

All of them remained dumb-folded because of the big reveal.

Seemed like a cliché move, but it actually happened. I understand their surprise though. Who would've thought that a not-so-popular girl like me would end up as the prince's secret wife, or probably they were surprised because the secret was kept for who knows how long.

"Guys, this is a TOP royal secret. A massive emphasis on the 'top'. If this information is leaked, and if we'd discover that it came from you lot, you would be... executed."

Damn.

Then, Sylvia, my head security (yes I do have my own set of bodyguards but they don't tail me as much as they do to Harry) handed Charlie and his crew several documents to sign.

"Please sign all the blanks with marks on them." She told them, turning the pages while pointing at the marks. "We need them for documentation purposes. It is also a non-disclosure agreement that."

The team then signed the papers and handed them back to Sylvia.

"No worries your highnesses, your secret is safe with us. Like how Snape kept his secret.

"Well, thanks for that then." I told them. "Anyway, how do you want to do this?"

"Okay so here's what's going to happen. We are going to document almost everything you do for the whole day. We are just going to follow you around. You can pretend as if we are not around if that would make you guys comfortable. We want you guys to just be yourselves, do your duties as the Royal highnesses and we'll do the rest."

I nodded as she explained, while flinging her newly manicured fingers. It's bright pink.

"Hey guys what are you doing?" Julia asked, and we all turned our heads to face her. "Doing a documentary I presume?"

"Yepp." I answered. "She's Princess Julia, by the way. Harry's sister."

"Heya. Can I be on that as well? I love being on camera!" She exclaimed. It's not a surprise to me, as she is completely different from me. She loves the camera, as she already have her own vlog. As for me, I'm camera shy- that is why I am grateful that the paps surprisingly haven't found out about me yet.

"That would be lovely!" Charlie, clapping her hands- but more of like tapping her fingertips together.

*FAST FORWARD*

"Harry, Grandmere wants to see us". I told Harry the moment the crew went home. They are going to start filming tomorrow due to technical reason, which I assume that has something to do with the boom mic that was dropped earlier. Grandmere told Sylvia that she wanted to see us.

"Uh, do you have any idea why?" Harry asked, propping his elbows on the marbled counter of the kitchen.

"Nope" I replied truthfully. "But being called by Grandmere to her chamber is not normally a good sign. You see, it is usually where all the madness happens."

Harry then ruffled his already messy curly hair and sighed heavily.

I grabbed a small tub of ice cream from the freezer and tossed one to Harry. He thanked me by smiling widely at me, and in return tossed me a spoon. We walked silently to her chamber while munching on our ice creams. When we reached the door to her chambers, we hurriedly tossed our now empty tubs and fixed ourselves.

"Ready?" He asked, and I nodded nervously in response.

We entered Grandmere's chamber and was greeted by a very energetic woman. Grandmere is already in her night gown, as a big glass of milk is already sitting on her bedside table.

"Oh here are my favourite grandchildren!" She exclaimed as we strutted towards her. She gave each of us a kiss on the cheek and a warm hug.

"So Grandmere, what can we do for you today?" Harry asked while discreetly sitting on Grandmere's gigantic bed. Grandmere then told us to sit down and I braced myself.

"Actually, it's because of your upcoming wedding." Grandmere said and I mentally slapped my forehead. "It's due two months from now and your relationship only progressed a little"

"But Grandmere-"Harry started to say but Grandmere raised her index finger to shush him.

"I know that this fixed marriage is hard for the both of you, especially to you Aynie since you left your normal life just to be married to my idiot grandson." She looked at Harry with a little disgust. "But you know, we have been ruling this small Island for a long period of time, and I don't want to mess that up. I didn't want to ruin your teenage years that is why I allowed you to go to a normal university, but your wedding is as important as preserving the tradition."

Harry and I nodded in shame- since we weren't able to fulfil our duties before marriage, thinking that both of us should enjoy the secret life before the big wedding. I suddenly felt guilty by looking at Grandmere. Despite her age, she is full of life and she is coolest and most supportive grandmother anyone could ask for.

"I apologize for all the ruckus of getting you two together- but all I wanted was a great-grandchild from you. But after the Dutchess talked me through it, I decided to just stop. Because of this Aynie, I want to ask you if you are still willing to be the Crowned Princess of Roseville. I will not force you, since there is no law that states that the Prince must be wedded in order to be King. Harry still has a long time to become King, but every Tom needs a Jerry in his life."

Believe me when I say that I am extremely dumbfolded right now. Grandmere is being sincere and truthfully, it would pain me to see her get heartbroken. She has done her best to get me and Harry together, but we were stubborn and I even got myself a boyfriend! I glanced at Harry and his facial expression says that we feel the same way.

"I'm so sorry Grandmere" I apologized and felt tears starting to cover my vision.

"Don't be sorry dear. We were the ones who forced you into this life. And with this, I just want to ask you one important thing." She held both my hands and put it over her heart. "Do you still want to be crowned Princess of our Kingdom?"

"If I say yes Grandmere, what would happen?" I asked and she gave me a little smile. I suddenly felt nervous and my heart pounded loudly on my chest.

"Well, you need to prepare for your wedding, and try your best to establish a much better relationship with Harry, but it could only happen, if you take Oliver out of the picture."

And after hearing that, I burst out crying.

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm back! I know I uploaded a very short and probably a disappointing chapter buuut you know it's been a long time since the last one. I also had to edit the finished chapters and had to upload it at Sofanovel (you can read the edited version there). 

I hope all of your guys are doing well despite the COVID-19 Pandemic. I am currently enjoying my free time with my daughter and family. I apologize for the very delayed update, but I am extremely grateful that a lot of you still wait for it. I cannot promise to be very consistent with the updates but I will do my best not to disappoint. 

Thank you guys so much for the support!