Chap 13.2 Hankie

Aynie

“Hey Mia!” I called to my best friend who’s sitting on the couch reading a Vogue Magazine. Her tummy looks like it wants to burst out of her tight red dress. For a pregnant woman who’s about to give birth soon, she looks amazing.

“Hey girly! You look absolutely fantastic! Same goes for you Prince Harry.” A compliment like that must earn a 5-star because I’m only wearing a simple black dress and short heels.

“Just call me Harry.” Harry said, giving her a smile. Smile looks really good in him. He should wear it more often.

“And this is my… erm… Ray” she introduced her… husband to us and we shook hands, same with Harry.

“Where did you get the furball anyway?” Mia asked me as we walked towards their car.

“At Suyac Island!” I said too enthusiastically. Harry rolled his eyes at me and I fight back with my tongue. Uh.. that sounds wrong… I mean, I stuck my tongue at him. Get you minds of the gutter people.

“What if she already has an owner?” she asked.

“We actually thought of that already. But she doesn’t have a collar with her. We asked the people around and they said they don’t know anyone who has a dog like her. And if we post pictures around, we’re scared that someone would claim her and not treat her right.”

“Meh. I totally get your point.  Now let’s go” she grabbed my hand and we walked slowly, careful not to trip on the marble floor of the lobby and made our way towards the car.

Mia’s house is just a… normal house here in the country. (A/N I won’t describe the house because I’m lazy and I’ll just use the excuse “I’ll leave it to your imagination”)

We settled in her living room and I sat comfortably on the sofa. Next to me, under the side table, are a bunch of albums which are quite familiar. I picked it up and when I opened one of them, a picture of me and the rest of the gang namely, Anne, Grace, Nicole, Natasha and Anya. As you all know, Anne and Grace moved to London (they’re cousins) and Nicole, Natasha and Anya are sisters and they moved to another city, leaving Mia alone here in our little island. I smile at the thought of us being together again. Ugh. I miss them. I didn’t notice Harry sit next to me just in time when I’m quite emotional.

“You miss them?” he asked and for once, I think, he looks completely sincere.

I was about to say “duh” but I think I’ll pass.

“Yeah. We were best friends. More of like sisters actually.” I said, a tear coming out of my eyes. I just miss them too much… I wish I could visit them but, I don’t know if I could face them. We haven’t been in contact for 5 years? I can’t face them.

“Here.” Harry said and when I turned to face him, he’s holding a maroon handkerchief. “I don’t like seeing you cry.”

“Soooo, how’s life in the palace?” Mia asked as I finished telling her about my marriage with the prince of England.

“It’s cool. With the unlimited food and wardrobe!” I said and we laughed which Harry responded with “Damn I know that’s why you married me!”

Mia cooked her specialty back when we were in high school which is Pork Lechon (A/N pic on the side. It’s one of the best tasting food here in the Philippines). I ate to my heart’s content and Harry seems to be enjoying it too. He has eaten 5 cups of rice (much to my surprise) since he doesn’t eat rice that much. He finished with a loud burp and I did the same. At this time, he’s just Harry. Not Prince Harry or Harry from England but just… Harry. And I love this Harry.